Received my S7 Edge today (dunno how), unboxing and questions

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Couple of questions:

- Double tap to wake. Does it have it?

- Theme engine. Did Samsung left it as on the S6 (meaning, you can change the colour of the notification tray etc) or did they restrain it?

I'm considering getting the S7 (because it's smaller) so I guessed you could answer this since it should be the same on both phones. Thanks ;)

(PS - Regarding the fastness...it was fast! Although I've read some stores guaranteeing that they'd be delivering the phones before the launch here too).

Double tap works. I tried it at best buy and seemed faster than my Note 5.

Theme engine is there. I watched a video (can't remember) by who and I saw the option for theme on the launcher. I also looked at it at best buy. Theme Store didn't open but I'm guessing it was because there was no WiFi connected

Posted via the Android Central App

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Theme engine is there. I watched a video (can't remember) by who and I saw the option for theme on the launcher. I also looked at it at best buy.

Thanks!

As for the Theme engine, I know it's there. That I'm certain. My question is regarding the extension it reaches. On the S6 the themes were allowed to change things like the notification tray (something that, for example, neither Sony's nor LG's theme engine does). I am interested to know if the S7 kept the S6 freedom extension on that on Marshmallow or if it was reduced (like Sony did from KitKat to Lollipop for example). Because Samsung's TouchWiz I can get rid of with another launcher. But system stuff like the notification tray remains the same and it's important to me to be able to get rid of the light/white colours Samsung's using.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

As for the Theme engine, I know it's there. That I'm certain. My question is regarding the extension it reaches. On the S6 the themes were allowed to change things like the notification tray (something that, for example, neither Sony's nor LG's theme engine does). I am interested to know if the S7 kept the S6 freedom extension on that on Marshmallow or if it was reduced (like Sony did from KitKat to Lollipop for example). Because Samsung's TouchWiz I can get rid of with another launcher. But system stuff like the notification tray remains the same and it's important to me to be able to get rid of the light/white colours Samsung's using.
If they kept it the same from the S6, you should still be able to.

Hope the OP clarifies that with his own unit.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
By any chance do you have better headphones/earphones than what's included in the box? I'm interested to see how sound quality compares between s6 and s7.

Also quite interested in that battery test. ;)

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

Theme engine is there. I watched a video (can't remember) by who and I saw the option for theme on the launcher. I also looked at it at best buy. Theme Store didn't open but I'm guessing it was because there was no WiFi connected

There is no double tap to wake.

For the theme engine. I guess it is the same as on the s6

ec345afe40fe4318814aa1b52d8e5402.jpg

Thanks!

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
There is no double tap to wake.

For the theme engine. I guess it is the same as on the s6

Thanks for your answer!
Sad for no double tap to wake but then again, that is easily solved with Nova.
Very glad to see the theme engine still reaches the notification tray at least :)

davidatscpc

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I've seen a screen shot of the S7 info that shows out of the 32GB of internal storage, 12.5GB is for system memory and 19.5GB is "available space".

Jaybell4444

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Getting S7 Edge today! T-mobile sent me an email that by UPS i will be getting my S7 Edge today in Florida. Very surprised they are a week and a half early! Very excited and will be up all day waiting for it. Also got conformation for my free Gear VR. All good here!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi inffy... again! :D

Thanks for your generous help on this thread.

One question that I must ask as you have obviously been using your phone a LOT more than you normally would since receiving it... is your Global model phone overheating or running very hot at all on the octa core Exynos chipset as there have been a number of reports on this and other forums of the U.S. carrier minority variants on the quad core Qualcomm chipset getting hot quickly. on the store demo models.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Jadaress

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi, ive heard about hybrid sim card slot, not sure if its just for asian markets, but instead of using the slot for micro sd card it can be used instead for a second sim card, does yours have this?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, ive heard about hybrid sim card slot, not sure if its just for asian markets, but instead of using the slot for micro sd card it can be used instead for a second sim card, does yours have this?

That sounds like you are referring to the Asian S7/Edge dual sim models, G930FD and G935FD.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi inffy... again! :D

Thanks for your generous help on this thread.

One question that I must ask as you have obviously been using your phone a LOT more than you normally would since receiving it... is your Global model phone overheating or running very hot at all on the octa core Exynos chipset as there have been a number of reports on this and other forums of the U.S. carrier minority variants on the quad core Qualcomm chipset getting hot quickly. on the store demo models.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Haven't noticed any overheating or anything like that. Although haven't played any games.

One thing is that the Exynos version actually seems not use the liquid cooling system (Read this from somewhere)

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

I guess that is only for the dual sim models.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo