Received my S7 Edge today (dunno how), unboxing and questions

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That seems about right for non US carrier version (25GB). The US carrier versions tend to be over 1GB less free to the user due to bloat.

Missalyssa928

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine today on T-Mobile at 8 30 am... Got a shipping email and ups tracking at 8 14 pm today should be here tomorrow evening! Holy crap. I live in Pennsylvania USA

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Can you talk about the Always on Screen? What shows up on there, etc? Can you select notifications from the screen?
Already mentioned that you can set it to show a clock or a month view of the calendar (no event info). Only Samsungs apps (phone, messaging and email) will show notification icons on it.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Now wait a minute, do those screenshots of the battery life mean that the battery dropped by 35% in only 1h45 on screen time??

So the 100% would only make you through 5h15 on screen time...

This is not that good for 3600mAh! :(

But that was also over a 10 hour period, which would equate to 30 hours. And it shows he ran some benchmarks. Looks to me like this thing will get 7-8 hours sot over a 16-18 hour day. That's really impressive

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Results

139811e2e84dfe660661267c58f25040.jpg

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
What I mean is that with my usage and network etc I always don't get anything near the battery life that is reported elsewhere.

If it last a day in my use I am happy :)

I'm the same! I always see people posting on the Internet 4 days on the battery, 10 SoT etc and Im lucky to get a day and 3 hour SoT!

Posted via the Android Central App

Frankmagnet

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for answering questions so far. Phone looks class, ordered the regular s7 in black myself. Not sure if it was a mistake now.

One quick Q about the Always on screen, is it just displayed in portrait or can it be used in landscape?

Ordered a spigen case with a kickstand and would like to be able to use it as a bedside clock.

Thanks

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for answering questions so far. Phone looks class, ordered the regular s7 in black myself. Not sure if it was a mistake now.

One quick Q about the Always on screen, is it just displayed in portrait or can it be used in landscape?

Ordered a spigen case with a kickstand and would like to be able to use it as a bedside clock.

Thanks
Always on screen is shown only in portrait

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
A few of my friends have received their S7 Edge units from their respective carriers.

Man, I can't wait to try it out! Sounds more and more like one really strong leading contender for Phone of the Year 2016.

Though I might wait out for the Note 6 and then I'll consider an upgrade if my G4 dies prematurely. Always been a Note fan.

cleaner001

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
hi, I really like to know if you can use the s7 as an infrared transmitter/ called the infrared blaster (like the s6 edge does)

According to samsung's dutch support it does(confirmed twice). They do agree its not visible on the top side of the device.
Can you check if you can remote control your tv set (by infrared) or use a camera to detect infrared signals (with some app)?

Lots of ppl want to know, including me ;)

Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress