S7 edge Battery life

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I got much better results yesterday.
17 hrs off the charger & SOT of 4 hrs & 42 mins.

GpsLocationProvider_ex wakelock of only 3 mins & 51 seconds using the GPS+WiFi+Mobile location setting.

My settings:
-Firmware version PD3 (Sprint GS7E)
-auto brightness
-sync off
-Location = GPS+WiFi+Mobile
-WiFi & Mobile data always toggled on
-Bluetooth always on & connected to Gear S2 3G
-No power-saving mode
-Google Now & Now on Tap on
-Push apps running: Kakaotalk, Slice, Pushbullet
-140 apps installed

Before the refresh, this was the kind of crazy GPS wakelocks I was getting:

Finished yesterday with over 6 hrs of SOT.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Bear in mind that it all depends on which model of Galaxy S7/Edge that you have as there is a big difference in battery life between the Global model with the Exynos chip and the U.S. models with Snapdragon. Therefore, a battery life that is excellent for one, may only be considered as average for the other.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)
It also depends on your usage and your setup.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the exynos version and typically get between 4 and 5 hours screen on from a day of use with charging over night. This is acceptable but not as good as others get. Obviously my usage and the signal strength in the areas I spend my time will be different to others

Posted via the Android Central App

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yep, signal strength is one of the main factors which determines why some people get 6hrs+ and others get 3-4hrs+ SOT.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hate these subtle remarks that kind of try to make a dig out of those who are experiencing phenomenal battery life. "You must be aware that your usage type impacts battery life"...."what is good for one may not be considered good for another"....no matter the reason, most owners of the S7 are experiencing phenomenal battery life. I would guess that their usage (though different from user to user), is the same as those of us who own other phones (again, we differ from user to user)...It appears to me that overall, the usage types will be very similar, and the S7 is getting phenomenal battery life. As a Nexus 6P owner, I'm jelly!!! Congrats to you all. Enjoy the great battery life!!

GC

orlans21

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
For those like myself who have high android system percentage there is a battery bug in version ending in APD3. Thats the reason why most people arent getting good battery life but hopefully samsung pushes out an update to fix that shortly

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Im getting crazy battery life. Its wonderful. Im a moderate user. I did install greenify yesterday, but i was enjoying long life before I installed. Just seeing If greenify helps on those rare days when really use this baby heavily.

Posted via Android Central App

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.

Mine has been awful lately for Keep Awake so I'm going to give this a try. Apart from the app drawer, Touchwiz looks ok with a theme too.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
For those like myself who have high android system percentage there is a battery bug in version ending in APD3. Thats the reason why most people arent getting good battery life but hopefully samsung pushes out an update to fix that shortly

Does this effect all version? I've got the European one but I'm on APD3. Does the bug cause the Android System high drain?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it affects the European version as well as the Canadian Version. Hopefully they release an update soon to us.

Ah that could explain a lot on mine too. When I mentioned above that mine was great pre-repair and poor post-repair (not that I think the repair did any damage), it was the day I got the phone back that the APD3 update arrived, so that would fit the timeline.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
My version is apparently APD1, but I am noticing a slightly more battery drain than usual and I really don't get what could be causing my battery to drain when it's not being in use. Yes, I play games, and I expect a drain when I do, but not when my phone is sitting idly and still draining for whatever reason. I don't even wear my Gear S2 watch anymore because I'm afraid it'll drain it faster and I don't like charging my phone all the time either. I don't use bluetooth or wifi or location (but only when necessary, if I'm going somewhere I don't know, I map it). My brightness is on auto and not set too high (around 10% I believe in brightness). So, with all that said, I still don't get why it drains faster than it should. I know I shouldn't care but it wasn't like this before the AT&T update so I think that messed up the battery life, for me. That's the only thing I can think of because my usage has not changed since I got the phone. All in all, I hope it gets better. I've done all the cache partition and storage cache wipes over the past month. I've done I believe 5 cache partition wipes in total. It fixes it for a couple of days, then there's one day where I notice my battery going down really fast and I can't pinpoint what is causing it. I love this phone and I really am not trying to let it bother me - I purchased a battery pack from Samsung just in case it does die on me when I'm out and about. I just hope that there's a fix for this or something.

orlans21

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i somehow managed to get 5 hrs of screen on time but i think it was a little misleading since i did charge it a little bit. check to see if you have a high android system percentage. anything above 10% means you have the bug as well

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
i somehow managed to get 5 hrs of screen on time but i think it was a little misleading since i did charge it a little bit. check to see if you have a high android system percentage. anything above 10% means you have the bug as well

Not necessarily. Depends on what else the phone is doing. It's not as simple as that.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87