S7 edge Battery life

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: not happy with battery life

Try RSBrowser in the play store? I just installed it, plus it blocks ads automatically.

Posted via the Android Central App

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Was getting great battery life until this morning. Nothing has changed on my phone. The last 2 days I was getting 24+ hours with 4 hours of SOT. This morning I have lost 18% of battery in just 90 mins :O

Not sure what is going on today.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: not happy with battery life

verizon
browsing internet mostly. some maps and nav.
auto brightness
always on display is on
my note 4 lasted longer than this s7 edge.
wifi was off most of the day. bluetooth off

is there anything i can do?
plus i have the microsd notification issue.

here is an example from today.
this is less than 4 hours screen time with 14% battery remaining.

http://i.imgur.com/wSi8fdQl.png
http://i.imgur.com/DUSltQBl.png
Try turning off AOD. Is your phone going into doze mode at all? Try greenify, it has an option for aggressive doze mode. It will doze the phone in like 5 minutes of inactivity. I think 30 minutes is the default. Over the weekend I got 1d 14 hours with 5 hours SOT.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am trying something I read somewhere. I am turning off the edge feeds. it is the one where you swipe the edge when the display is off. They say it uses a lot of battery since the edge has to respond to touch. Maybe that is what is eating some battery for you guys when you have a lot of sleep drain? you can turn off he lighting too.... if you have you phone turned over a lot and get a lot of notifications, but I never do so I doubt it is using much battery..

Settings > Edge screen > Edge feeds

Screenshot_20160321-100817.jpg

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
That's it guys ! Not to much stand-by till now but this is lovely, 4h and still 50% more !

Attachments

• 1406.jpg
    1406.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 144

jako607

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Edge for 5 days and battery life is TERRIBLE. Worse than my S6 I had previously. Not sure what is going on. I started by turning off the Always On screen, then disabling every app that I can find that I don't want. And I only installed the apps that I actually use, which is less than what I had on my S6. I turned off the Edge screen feed and lighting (still have on the swiping feature to call up app shortcuts). In looking at battery usage, it says that Android System is using 45% and Android OS 16%, then the next closest thing is Spotify at 4% and a couple other apps less than that. So I can't figure out why it's draining so fast. I usually unplug around 730am and I'm at 40% by noon with little usage. With my phone not in use the last hour I lost 7% with it just sitting on the desk. So frustrating!

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Edge for 5 days and battery life is TERRIBLE. Worse than my S6 I had previously. Not sure what is going on. I started by turning off the Always On screen, then disabling every app that I can find that I don't want. And I only installed the apps that I actually use, which is less than what I had on my S6. I turned off the Edge screen feed and lighting (still have on the swiping feature to call up app shortcuts). In looking at battery usage, it says that Android System is using 45% and Android OS 16%, then the next closest thing is Spotify at 4% and a couple other apps less than that. So I can't figure out why it's draining so fast. I usually unplug around 730am and I'm at 40% by noon with little usage. With my phone not in use the last hour I lost 7% with it just sitting on the desk. So frustrating!

Jako,
I think I had similar symptoms for my first few days as you described. Let me guess.. you switched away from Touchwiz, and you're using either Google Launcher or Nova? If you did, I would switch back to Touchwiz for a day or two and compare your battery life. This is or course if you've marked off the other obvious things like signal strength, high accuracy location, and screen brighthess, etc...

I had so-so battery life the first few days into it, with Android System taking up the bulk like yours (40+%). I was using Google Now Launcher, as I love the Now Cards on the left screen. Anyway, as soon as I switched back to Touchwiz, rebooted, recharged.. and ran with it... battery life went up quite a bit. Not sure why unless Samsung has some proprietary stuff for battery efficiency with their own launcher.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.

I've come back to publicly apologize to Kevin @NovaLauncher and anyone that followed by rushed and informed quote above. I've really found the problem to my battery drain. It is the default email app. I use the default email app for unwanted mail. I have over 20,000 unread emails. In short, the email app was syncing every 15 minutes. When email would sync it try to sync more than 10 emails at a time, every 15 minutes. I removed my yahoo from the default email and use the official email app. I will screenshot my results later.

cwbrow2

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I switched from a Droid Turbo to the S7E. Based on my usage, battery life between the two is the same, very good. The only difference between the two is I am using Touchwiz on S7E vice Nova on Turbo. So far I am really enjoying this device.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I am using Google now launcher and as can be seen I am getting amazing battery life, unlike now cards and giving the device as close to a stock experience as possible.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep. 7.5h of sot with 14-15 stand-by time. I would be at my second charge with the g3. Love it !

Attachments

• 1431.jpg
    1431.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 181

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Deleted nova and change keyboard back to swift key, deleted shut up and got battery life back to 5hr plus...was getting 3 to 4 hrs

Attachments

• 2566.jpg
    2566.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 175

jako607

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_20160321-140248.jpg

Seems like when I do almost nothing the system is eating my battery like crazy. I've done almost nothing on the phone and lost almost 50% in 5 hours.

dgstidham1

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
You actually can't disable KNOX, but i tried force stopping it and it never helped... I am able to get through the day for the most part, but battery life is NO WHERE near 5-6 hours...
currently at 62% with 1 hour of screen on time, although we were playing an audio book via bluetooth for 46 minutes which ate up 398mAh or about 14%, but android system and android OS took up about 37% with Google services adding 8%...

i think I may end up returning the phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa