S7 edge Battery life

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The settings under battery totally confuse me. LOL. But this is what it reports right now

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 135

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Just had a thought that might clarify it. When it says come on, are people checking this when their phone is close to 0 and then this tells them how long their screen was able to be on before reaching that point? Because I just started using my phone off of fresh charge.

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just had a thought that might clarify it. When it says come on, are people checking this when their phone is close to 0 and then this tells them how long their screen was able to be on before reaching that point? Because I just started using my phone off of fresh charge.

Yes. Basically check it around 15% without charging it in between. Then upload screen on time pics

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Gotcha. Will do. this will test my OCD about never letting my phone get below 50%, but I'm up to the challenge. LOL

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced more than usual battery drain with Bluetooth? I've had Bluetooth on for all my previous devices as well since I use it with my car and fitness band, and on S7 edge Bluetooth share is showing in the top3 most battery draining apps on Gsam. It is draining 6-7% each cycle.

Interesting part is that it shows Bluetooth itself draining only 1% on gsam but the app Bluetooth share is the one draining the battery. Is this a Samsung thing?

I am using T-Mobile version with SD820 if that matters.

I get pretty good battery life on mine. I'm on tmobile as well getting 5 to 6 hours of screen time. I usually have my gear s2 and headphones connected and the Bluetooth is always at 7 or 8% of my battery. I'm coming from an iPhone but I don't remember this being as high on previous android phones.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I get pretty good battery life on mine. I'm on tmobile as well getting 5 to 6 hours of screen time. I usually have my gear s2 and headphones connected and the Bluetooth is always at 7 or 8% of my battery. I'm coming from an iPhone but I don't remember this being as high on previous android phones.

I've never ever once seen bluetooth show up on my battery stats and I keep it on 24hrs a day as it's connected to my Gear S watch.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I swear some days the battery life of this phone is beyond anything imaginable. Granted I was on WiFi and just reading the forums but this is a pretty common pattern for me as I like to read on the device due to its screen size.

e26e53a1243af0cf4e03926dc4eba54c.jpg

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never ever once seen bluetooth show up on my battery stats and I keep it on 24hrs a day as it's connected to my Gear S watch.

It's still good battery life but the Bluetooth is strange.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160328-214336.jpg
    Screenshot_20160328-214336.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 233

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
My gear S2 definitely impacts battery life but even then, it's not bad. Like 4 hours of screen on time and 24 hour stand by. 2x improvement from my S6 Edge +.

If I disconnect Bluetooth and my Gear S2 Doze actually works. Otherwise, it never dozes.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's still good battery life but the Bluetooth is strange.

It's hard to see what the BT percentage is n your screen cap, but it shouldn't be that high. As I said above, my phone is connected to a Gear S watch all day everyday and I never see BT on the battery stats.

I have a second S7 Edge that actually is getting less battery usage then the S7 Edge connected to the Gear S. That second phone has BT turned off and when I got the second phone, I used Smart switch to copy everything from the first S7 Edge so they were identical in every way, just different sim cards.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
It's hard to see what the BT percentage is n your screen cap, but it shouldn't be that high. As I said above, my phone is connected to a Gear S watch all day everyday and I never see BT on the battery stats.

I have a second S7 Edge that actually is getting less battery usage then the S7 Edge connected to the Gear S. That second phone has BT turned off and when I got the second phone, I used Smart switch to copy everything from the first S7 Edge so they were identical in every way, just different sim cards.

Mine shows Bluetooth at 2-3% with my Gear S2 connected for a full day, so it seems normal.

Actually, the Gear S2 probably drains about 10% a day from Android System as well.