S7 edge Battery life

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what I was getting in mine too. Massive awake times in Android System but nothing showing as the reason in the sepatate app battery stats.

That always screams "rogue app" to me now, given my experiences. I only wish it were easier to track them down. Android can be as clear as mud.

the game 161

Banned
Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Nor sure what to think of this
5a9144ee025e6992af933f265827da69.jpg
1de4922c4438e57daddc4a7fa283e1c6.jpg

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
One of the reasons why I don't want to do a factory reset and start new is because I like that I was able to transfer my text messages over to my new phone. I wasn't able to do that when I switched from iPhone to the S5 2 years ago, so it feels comforting knowing that I was able to keep the text messages. That's very important to me. I have my pictures on my SD card, which is fine, and the apps I can always re-download myself, but if I were to lose my text messages, I would be disappointed. That's one of the things I didn't like about switching from iPhone to Android - I wasn't able to transfer my text messages over to the new device so I am thrilled that Samsung made a solution for that. I just hope that whatever is draining my battery will fix itself with the next update.

Samsung backup will keep your SMS. I backed up my call logs and SMS when I did this reset, I just didn't do the settings.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So when I got my S7 Edge they did the samsung smart switch to transfer everything from my Note 5. I am thinking of doing a factory reset to start fresh but how will I get my pictures and text messages back on my phone without a transfer service? Do those hurt or is it the apps and settings and such?

For the pics and videos, transfer them to a computer and then back again when you're done. For texts, there's apps on the play store.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My battery was perfectly fine before I updated the phone to the April security patch. Something went amiss since then and my battery keeps on draining and nothing I'm doing is helping it. I am trying to avoid doing a factory reset because it took me a long time to get my phone to where it is now and I hate the thought of starting all over. The factory reset might not even work and it would be all for nothing. I just hope that the next update will fix whatever issue is causing for my battery to train. I have to charge my phone twice a day now when before, I only had to charge it once, or maybe once every other day. It just makes no sense because I'm not doing anything different to my phone now than what I was before.

For me, on the Sprint GS7E, doing a factory reset made no difference. I, too, am hoping for a fix from the May update.

One of the reasons why I don't want to do a factory reset and start new is because I like that I was able to transfer my text messages over to my new phone. I wasn't able to do that when I switched from iPhone to the S5 2 years ago, so it feels comforting knowing that I was able to keep the text messages. That's very important to me. I have my pictures on my SD card, which is fine, and the apps I can always re-download myself, but if I were to lose my text messages, I would be disappointed. That's one of the things I didn't like about switching from iPhone to Android - I wasn't able to transfer my text messages over to the new device so I am thrilled that Samsung made a solution for that. I just hope that whatever is draining my battery will fix itself with the next update.

In Settings > Backup and reset > Samsung account, you can manually or automatically backup your texts & phone logs.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My Android System says 24% right now. My signal at work is awful and for the 1st time since I had my phone the other night it completely died and turned off around 9:30 or so and i had 100% when I got to work at 2:30. Sometimes wifi gets disconnected and my signal does suck in the basement. Also I have the APD3 didn't know that is a cause too so is an update coming? I still love this phone!

i somehow managed to get 5 hrs of screen on time but i think it was a little misleading since i did charge it a little bit. check to see if you have a high android system percentage. anything above 10% means you have the bug as well

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My SOT just depends on how much I happened to have used the phone, so anywhere between 2.5 hrs. and 7.5+ hrs. is what I have seen the times I have checked. I haven't used Package Disabler or anything and always have Always-On on with clock and calendar.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the T-Mobile May update, I have not had to close out all apps when I am done using the phone. I used to have an app drain the battery several times a week if I didn't close it or all apps. Since the update, I haven't had the problem on either one of my S7 Edge phones.

I don't have any apps disabled either.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
After one day of being good and back to normal, mine went to crud again. Over 10 hours Stay Awake today so far and I haven't installed anything else since.

Shygurlizshy

May 9, 2016
Visit site
This has been my battery life as of now. After the update from Verizon my battery life just took a hit and I couldn't figure out why. Android system took up 50 percent of battery. So I read this thread and tried package disabler.

My battery life has been awesome since I started using package disabler last week. This is my battery info for this past weekend. Sunday afternoon I only charged it to 80 percent and as of now Monday morning I still have battery left.

Now at first I thought package disabler wasn't working until my friend gave me a tip. After I disable all the apps I planned on disabling I let my battery get pretty low around 20 percent. I turned my phone off and charged it until it was 100 percent and since then my battery life has been amazing back to how it was when I first got the phone.

Attachments

• 1463400459971.jpg
    1463400459971.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 62

bearone2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
so how did package disabler help, couldn't you have just disabled the apps you didn't want/need & still get better battery life.

that's what i did with my note5.??

Lance Redden

May 9, 2016
Visit site
so how did package disabler help, couldn't you have just disabled the apps you didn't want/need & still get better battery life.

that's what i did with my note5.??

Package Disabler allow you to disable processes or apps that the stock app manager is incapable of accomplishing. I love it. My battery lasts me all day into the next after using package Disabler.

Posted via the Android Central App on S7 Edge

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I disabled OM Customise today with Package Disabler when it had used 9% of my battery. It has used 16% now, even though it's still showing as disabled. Strange.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I disabled OM Customise today with Package Disabler when it had used 9% of my battery. It has used 16% now, even though it's still showing as disabled. Strange.

Did you force stop it and reboot? I would re-enable it, clear the data, disable it, force stop it, and reboot.

If it turns out it's still running after that (or if you've already done those things and its running anyway), then I think it would use less juice if you enable it. I saw a thread over on XDA that claims the packages that run despite being disabled via disabler apps cause additional battery drain than if left enabled. I enabled my packages that were running despite being disabled. There were maybe 4-6 of them in my disabled list.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you force stop it and reboot? I would re-enable it, clear the data, disable it, force stop it, and reboot.

If it turns out it's still running after that (or if you've already done those things and its running anyway), then I think it would use less juice if you enable it. I saw a thread over on XDA that claims the packages that run despite being disabled via disabler apps cause additional battery drain than if left enabled. I enabled my packages that were running despite being disabled. There were maybe 4-6 of them in my disabled list.

I'll give that a try, cheers.