S7 edge Battery life

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there a main battery drainer within android system that can be disabled with package disabler or is it a case of disabling lots of things which all add together to improve things?

Posted via the Android Central App

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
It's not the battery on my S7 Edge, it's Cell Standby and some problem with Google's Android system and they must sort this as a priority.

My phone has gone from 100% last night to 75% now (13 hours later) without having used it once. No calls, no texts, no browsing, no games, no music played. It's sat there doing nothing but eat battery.

My Nexus 4 in comparison loses about 4% in the same time period.

Google, sort it.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's not the battery on my S7 Edge, it's Cell Standby and some problem with Google's Android system and they must sort this as a priority.

My phone has gone from 100% last night to 75% now (13 hours later) without having used it once. No calls, no texts, no browsing, no games, no music played. It's sat there doing nothing but eat battery.

Google, sort it.
Or it could be your carrier who should sort it (they won't). I've had two updates since I got the phone last April and battery life hasn't been affected, so if you're using a phone with carrier modified software....

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a sim free version and have had 2 updates since I've had the phone. Battery life has got much worse, mainly due to android system drain I think. So as far as I'm concerned, the updates have made battery life worse!

Posted via the Android Central App

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This is a sim free phone. As is the Nexus 4 with the same company (EE). On the same deal with each sim card.

Cell Standby doesn't even show up on the Nexus 4 battery usage list.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Google, sort it.

What is the Baseband on your EE branded Galaxy S7 Edge?

What is the Baseband on your unbranded Nexus 4 phone?

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a branded phone. They are both sim free. How do I see what each baseband is?

Edge 7 - g935fxxu1apd1

Nexus 4 - m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.07

Last edited:

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow. High screen on time for only the second ever charge

228057d1463715864-s7-edge-battery-life-1463715864931.jpg

Not an unreasonable SoT considering you didn't turn on the mobile network.

DiabloBai

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Google, sort it.
Package disabler pro solved the problem by disabling many many services. Not easy to use but no better choice