RAM use 1GB

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Unless the OP comes back and explains what he means by "stutters," this thread is pretty meaningless. I a-a-a-s-s-s-ume he, he, he d-d-doesn't r-r-realy m-mean it st-st-st-stutters.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Considering the previous iteration of this device was well known for its "stutters", it's not difficult to use your imagination to surmise what's going on here.

Funny, everyone rushes to defend this phone, and dismiss user experiences.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't believe we were dismissing him. We were simply asking him what his issue was exactly and explaining how Android works. Nothing wrong with that at all :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Considering the previous iteration of this device was well known for its "stutters", it's not difficult to use your imagination to surmise what's going on here.

It is hard to say unless everyone or a large number of people encounter it. I had some stuttering on my note 5 caused by a third party app. Removed app, no more stutter. And the battery chart didn't show that the app used much power either so I had to use process of elimination

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It is hard to say unless everyone or a large number of people encounter it. I had some stuttering on my note 5 caused by a third party app. Removed app, no more stutter. And the battery chart didn't show that the app used much power either so I had to use process of elimination

Interesting, what app?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, what app?
Gas buddy i think. To be honest it could have been just a bad install but I didn't really need the app anyway so I just uninstalled it.

I also had a problem with a version of the hangouts app on the note 3, had to roll back to the older version.

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Animation stutters and slowdown are my #1 pain point on a phone. At $800 I want nothing less than full 60FPS animations on 99% of the commonly used apps. The Nexus 6P accomplished this at $499.

The S6 Edge I had was measurably *faster* than the Nexus 6P at loading stuff, but because the animations were so inconsistent and hitched all the time, I couldn't stand it and dropped it like a bad habit.

If I see reports of animation hitches on the S7 models this week, or when I get the phone, you bet it's going back.

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Animation stutters and slowdown are my #1 pain point on a phone. At $800 I want nothing less than full 60FPS animations on 99% of the commonly used apps. The Nexus 6P accomplished this at $499.

The S6 Edge I had was measurably *faster* than the Nexus 6P at loading stuff, but because the animations were so inconsistent and hitched all the time, I couldn't stand it and dropped it like a bad habit.

If I see reports of animation hitches on the S7 models this week, or when I get the phone, you bet it's going back.

This!! I think we call this the Samsung jank, no? I'm in the same boat, for some reason this is either overlooked or people just don't want to admit that it's there and I don't know why but you hit the nail on the head. There is no excuse for this phone at this price to have any stuttering whatsoever especially considering the smoothness of the 6P at its price point. I really hope this is an isolated incident as I've got one on preorder too and want it to blow my mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38