Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I received the three (3) 200.00 certificates, I placed my orders and all certs worked fine. Don't give up...keep hammering away...lol

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Did they help you out?

Update, she, the VZW rep, got told by Samsung to call Prize Logic. She's on hold with PL and I get to go about my afternoon while she sits in a 40 person queue and will call me back with results.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

bcg416

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The time for my supposed 24 hour callback from a PrizeLogic supervisor came and went, so I called in again today and asked to hold for a supervisor. I finally talked to a gentleman and explained that I was told by Samsung to call back in and ask to receive the $200 gift certificate. He immediately said he had read through all the notes and was approving the gift certificates for me. Glad to be done with this cluster#$(! and am ordering a Gear S2 Classic from Samsung.com

It does not sound like this is going to be just a blanket gift to anyone who got a Gear VR and was supposed to get an S2. It's essentially to make those who call and complain go away. The regular agents cannot give you this, it has to be a supervisor. If you don't get a call back after 24 hours, or whatever time they are saying today, call back and ask to hold for a supervisor.

Here's the terms of the E-Certificate:

Each Reward eCertificate is valid at Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US for use towards a new purchase. Reward eCertificates are valid through May 31, 2016. Reward eCertificate is a one-time use certificate; using the eCertificate as payment for an order with a value of less than $200 will result in the forfeiture of any amount in excess of the value of the order. Reward eCertificate may only be used to pay for the products being purchased, and may not be used to pay for sales tax or shipping charges. Reward eCertificates may not be used to pay for major appliances, or any other product not sold directly on Samsung.com through DR GlobalTech, an Authorized Samsung Reseller. Reward eCertificates cannot be used to TVs and/or Digital Audio/Video products that fall under Samsung's Unliateral Pricing Policy. Reward eCertificates have no cash value. Reward eCertificates may only be used for purchases on Samsung.com, and may not be used at any other retailer. Lost Reward eCertificates cannot be replaced. Unused Reward eCertificates will expire at 11:59 PM EST on 5/31/16. Samsung reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions associated with this Reward eCertificate at any time, without prior notice.

For specific questions about which items at Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US may be purchased with a Reward eCertificate, please contact Samsung Support here Official Samsung Support as this site is administered by Samsung directly.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I just spent the last hour on the phone with VZW rep and she was so nice. She is working on it now to see how to proceed. She even called PL and was 50 in line. I wish I had seen the comment about rep on with Samsung as I would have mentioned that. Just waiting for her to call back. PL rep today was very rude and when I asked her to speak to someone higher than her she said there was no one. Asked for an order number and who to contact at the fulfillment center she said she did not have that info which is a crock.

Somewhere on planet earth!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I just spent the last hour on the phone with VZW rep and she was so nice. She is working on it now to see how to proceed. She even called PL and was 50 in line. I wish I had seen the comment about rep on with Samsung as I would have mentioned that. Just waiting for her to call back. PL rep today was very rude and when I asked her to speak to someone higher than her she said there was no one. Asked for an order number and who to contact at the fulfillment center she said she did not have that info which is a crock.

My rep did the same thing and got bullied into the "a supervisor will call you back" line. When I have the patience I'll call them myself.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I failed to fill out the email address on the first chat that I had so I started another and got them to confirm once again, THIS time completing the email request... It's in my inbox so I have my own record now of Verizon confirming my phones were bought ONLINE and for a CONSUMER ACCOUNT

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
And I found the patience. Bought a personal pan pizza and put myself on speaker phone. The hold music is terrible.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
And I found the patience. Bought a personal pan pizza and put myself on speaker phone. The hold music is terrible.

Send my way. Total of almost 2 hrs today spent on the phone. Good thing it is cold out and not wasting away my vacation on it.

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I received the three (3) 200.00 certificates, I placed my orders and all certs worked fine. Don't give up...keep hammering away...lol

Can you combine note than one per single item or per order?
Can you buy 2 $100 items with one?
Or is it one cert per item?

Posted via the Android Central App

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Can you combine note than one per single item or per order?
Can you buy 2 $100 items with one?
Or is it one cert per item?

Posted via the Android Central App

Sorry, I can't answer that one..I was gonna try to buy all 3 at once, but I was afraid something would go wrong, and I would have to start over with PL..lol. But in the blurb at the bottom it says "Reward eCertificate may only be used to pay for the products being purchased." But we all know their T&Cs are meaningless...

Crosis47

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Got mine today. First Verizon store try got turned down pretty quick. Guy claimed that the SKU's wouldn't match because it came straight from Samsung. Hoping to stop at another store this week

Yeah, It's definitely going to depend on the store and the guys working there. BTW, he was just being lazy, the SKUs are exactly the same. That was the first thing they looked at in my store.

Crosis47

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
The vr from Samsung are not made by oculus so Facebook wouldn't have anything to do with age verification

The Gear VR may be produced by Samsung but it is absolutely designed by Oculus. They even sell it right on the Oculus site and it includes Oculus branding. Also, as the full name implies "Gear VR powered by Oculus". As Oculus designed it and the technology it uses, it is up to them to set an age limit and any terms of use. The age limit warning you agree to is actually in the Oculus terms of service when you boot up the Gear VR and set it up the first time.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Just got off with a very nice lady at PL, who told me since VZW had already called there is a hold on my submission account that can't be lifted without the phone call from the supervisor, ie. My issue has gone past her to higher.

So I have to wait 24 hours for a supervisor to reach out to me, but it could also take 5-7 days.

I didn't get a word in edge wise of course, but at least she was polite and very nice. 2 for 2 on polite customer service.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

did you receive vr's instead of s2's also?