Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think they need to clarify who it's equal or lesser value to. Us or them. For all we know, it could cost Samsung the same amount to manufacture a S2 or a VR, so to them the prizes would be equal value. We don't know how much profit is made on each device, so they could say be losing money on the price of the VR but profiting nicely on the S2.
They pretty clearly spell out the value of each gift in the T&C. I don't see how they could reference any other value without specifically stating such.

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone and they confirmed that I will be getting Gear S2's. They said i should expect it 4-8 weeks after my approval date which is March 14th (which is interesting because my approval email came on April 7...maybe that spreadsheet needs another column for actual approval date and approval email date). Stated i should expect an email from Fedex. So really, no real news except I can expect 2 more weeks of waiting.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone and they confirmed that I will be getting Gear S2's. They said i should expect it 4-8 weeks after my approval date which is March 14th (which is interesting because my approval email came on April 7...maybe that spreadsheet needs another column for actual approval date and approval email date). Stated i should expect an email from Fedex. So really, no real news except I can expect 2 more weeks of waiting.

Please save yourself the hassle while you wait. It is a given they know not of which they speak, and nothing they say is worth a lick.
I completely understand the frustration, but they will be of no help and the music will only become more annoying as the days go by.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry but this is what they told me monday around 5:30 PM and the next day the VR was at my door. If you do get it I will be happy for you but mad as hell (if you know what I mean).

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Ok... heres where im at...
Submitted for Gear S2 on March 9th. I had called in once and emailed once to confirm again. They said yes... i was approved for the Gear S2.
Guess what came in the mail today?
....Gear VR.
Called Prizelogic... they said their hands were tied. All the S2s had been claimed so according to their rules and regs they had every right to send me the VR instead.
...bullsh*t.
According to their rules and regs the S2s were going on a first come first serve basis. I was pretty much one of the first in line with my March 9th submission.
So I called Verizon Wireless. They were no help. Said the promo was being handled by Samsung. Called Samsung...they were no help either. Said the promo was being handled by Prizelogic. So They Fwd'd my call to Prizelogic and said they would speak on my behalf.
...cowards.
They hung up and left me alone to fend for myself against Prizelogic again. Im thinking "oh great." 30 mins of wait time later... I plead my case again and the operator places me on hold for her supervisor. 15 mins later I make contact with Lauren. She explained to me something about Samsung doing an audit on the location codes and some submission for the S2 were accidently converted to the VR instead.
Sooo... she acknowledged I was not at fault. Samsung was. She informed me I was to keep the VR ($99 value) and to call back on Friday morning because they were going to have an $200 ecode for me to spend at the Samsung Store to compensate for the loss.
So there it is... if you were sent a VR instead of the S2... call prize logic and ask to speak to a supervisor (mine was Lauren). Theyll prepare a $200 ecode to spend at Samsung (which ill most likely put towards the Gear S2 classic).
Boom.

Posted via the Android Central App

Please let us know if Lauren comes through for you.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't know the complete rules for posting links, however, if you Google "toys r us bait switch" and read the first article that is from a marketing law site, it is pretty similar to what is going on here...especially if you have documentation from Prizelogic indicating you were to receive the Gear S2. Further, how do any of us know that they have even distributed the number of watches or, for that matter, VRs that they have claimed? I mean, after the run around we have received, does anyone believe anything they say?

This is from the Winston and Strawn Law Firm here in Chicago........

"Companies offering “gift with purchase” or similar incentives should be sure to include “while supplies last” messaging prominently in connection with the offer. However, it is important to remember that the “while supplies last” language allows the company to substitute something of comparable or greater value (but not of lesser value), but generally does not relieve the company of the obligation to award a free item of comparable or greater value even if supplies of the advertised free item are exhausted."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

That ToysRus lawsiut is similar.... I own a small computer store and it would be akin to me advertising a new High-end gaming PC Desktop for pre-order for $2,000 and then I add the promo sign next to it...

"Pre-Order this PC and get a free laptop(est.$300) or Gaming Mouse, Mech Keyboard (est.$150)" while supplies last on a first come first serve basis.

Now I know this promo is going to exhaust my quantity of 1000 PC's immiedetley but I also know I only have 5 laptops for the promo and everyone else is only getting a mouse and keyboard but I did state "while supplies last" and then a week later after everyone has placed their pre-order I change the terms and conditions from while supplies last to only 5 laptops available for this promo..... and then switch everyone who assumed they were getting a laptop to a free mouse and keyboard and then go tell them to pound sand......... I would be out of business in 2 Days and getting calls from legal representatives ASAP. Now I would have the right to change or amend the terms and conditions but those rights are limited and just because I change the terms and conditions does not mean they are binding.........

There are a handful of issues with this promo that can lead to legal recourse and I am sure they are full aware of them at Samsung or PL and VZW and will just continue to manipulate the customers until they are put on point, the substitution of the VR for the S2 will be the starting point of legal considerations but there are a number of issues with breach of contract and consumer fraud related to this......

quick examples- first come first serve... while people that pre-ordered in February are still waiting and people that bought their phone in late March have already received it....

people that pre-ordered their phone only to have it placed on backorder so they were unable to complete the submission in a timely manner....

people that had their submissions denied and or delayed erroneously because of negligent samsung audit

****Remember to add your info to the Google DOCS Spreadsheet************************************

Last edited:

dmeloche1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got my VR, unfortunately. I pre-ordered in February, received my phone and registered for the S2 on March 10th, and received the email confirmation a couple days later. I then received an email telling me that I was ineligible due to a business account, which isn't true, so when I called prizelogic they cheerfully told me I was still supposed to get the S2 watch. But of course I didn't. This is so ridiculously frustrating. I added my information to the Google Docs spreadsheet.

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Just got my VR, unfortunately. I pre-ordered in February, received my phone and registered for the S2 on March 10th, and received the email confirmation a couple days later. I then received an email telling me that I was ineligible due to a business account, which isn't true, so when I called prizelogic they cheerfully told me I was still supposed to get the S2 watch. But of course I didn't. This is so ridiculously frustrating. I added my information to the Google Docs spreadsheet.

Exact thing just happened to me. Calling PrizeilLogic now smh

Rhodes156

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Received gear s2 today. Submitted 3/16 approved 3/18. Label created 4/20/ shipped 4/26. Online order. Only email I received was submit email and 4/7 Email about delaped shipping on gear s2...while I'm glad to receive it. I don't understand how those submitted before me are not so lucky. This is very poor on Samsung, vzw, prizelogic and Brightpoint

hereforinfo

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Just an update, I received my S2 today. I'm sorry for all of you having trouble. It sucks, but I am hoping it works out for everyone.
2016042795110059.jpg

My info:
3-7-16 - Purchased 2 s7's via phone.
3-11-16 - received phones and submitted claim - one VR headset and 1 Gear S2
3-11-16 - Received thanks for your submission emails
3-23-16 - Received Submission has been approved email for VR Headset with ship date of May 8th
4-7-16 - Received Submission approved email for Gear S2 stating that will not ship unil May or Summer 2016
4-22-16 Label Created
4-26-16 Shipment email from FedEX and FedEx DM says I have a tracking number and package weighing .9 lb's
4-27-16 Received Gear S2
Still no VR headset in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited:

Sector4208

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I read the card in the box rather quickly but I believe it said you have 30 days from time you receive it to claim the bundle for those who got it late. Not that I want this stupid thing.

I do not want it either. They decided for me. I did at least try to set it up per the card and the game bundle was not available. The site they tell you to go to is also a dead address.

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Apparently if you keep calling PrizeLogic is deletes you out of their call back queue so their "supervisors" never get around to calling you. At this point if anyone is serious about filing a class action suit, I'll join.

hereforinfo

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I updated all of my information below my post so people could see it. Summary here:
My info:
3-7-16 - Purchased 2 s7's via phone.
3-11-16 - received phones and submitted claim - one VR headset and 1 Gear S2
3-11-16 - Received thanks for your submission emails
3-23-16 - Received Submission has been approved email for VR Headset with ship date of May 8th
4-7-16 - Received Submission approved email for Gear S2 stating that will not ship unil May or Summer 2016
4-22-16 Label Created
4-26-16 Shipment email from FedEX and FedEx DM says I have a tracking number and package weighing .9 lb's
4-27-16 Received Gear S2

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Received gear s2 today. Submitted 3/16 approved 3/18. Label created 4/20/ shipped 4/26. Online order. Only email I received was submit email and 4/7 Email about delaped shipping on gear s2...while I'm glad to receive it. I don't understand how those submitted before me are not so lucky. This is very poor on Samsung, vzw, prizelogic and Brightpoint

I want to like this but considering i submitted the 12th and have yet to receive anything sucks. Congratulations on the receipt. Hopefully some day I will at least get one of mine.

Somewhere on planet earth!

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with PrizeLogic. They are giving $200 samsung e-certificates to those of us who were victims of the bait and switch. I'm checking this code now to see if it works. The catch is they are for 1 time use only and they expire at the end of may

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with PrizeLogic. They are giving $200 samsung e-certificates to those of us who were victims of the bait and switch. I'm checking this code now to see if it works. The catch is they are for 1 time use only and they expire at the end of may

thats pretty cool... i would gladly trade my s2 for a vr and $200 to spend at samsung

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Well that is some progress, shows they are quite aware that arbitrarily replacing peoples S2 with a much lesser valued VR will be an issue and now are probably just calculating how many of those people will actually waste time to call in and complain about the switch or just accept the VR and move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa