Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Then she went on to say that they didn't expect this large of a response to the promo. Really???

Both VZW and prize logic have repeatedly said that when they listed the S2 as out of stock on the submission page on March 15th... but then 2 days later they re-listed the S2 available again... although they were quite aware of the supply and demand by now and listed the S2 as an option again....

what has put them in a bind now is that there have been people who have received their S2's that filed their submissions after the S2 was originally listed as out of stock and filed submissions after March 15th after purchasing thier phones in mid to late March....

and people who pre-orderd in February or had thier initial early submissions delayed/denied by samsung audit/clerical errors have still not received anything or are now getting random VRs like jsmith20 below.....

Last edited:

jsmith20

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Verion S7 Edge, S2 promotion
01Mar - preordered
08Mar - received phone
09Mar - submitted for S2
22Mar - website updated stating approved
23Mar - received email stating approved, but only for VR due to business account...
23Mar - estimated ship date of 01Apr
25Mar - received email from PL stating I am approved in their system for S2
27Apr - received Gear VR, sent email to PL, will call tonight

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Good for you....but this is phucking bullschiz. I submitted three days before you and I'm still waiting for my watch. I'm starting to obsess over checking this forum and my status...and my fedex delivery manager which I don't think actually works...since my VR headset didn't show up there. I feel like Cartman.....But Mom....I want my Gear S2 Smartwatch with 3G connectivity and GPS!!!!

today would of been the six week mark since i was approved.

GIRLaxy

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Current promo status says "processing gift for delivery"
FedEX manager says I have a 1.4 lbs package with a 4/30 delivery

My other VR that has an expected 5/8 shipping date has the same status. I wrote down the same address, but the name is under my Mom's. Will that package also show up under my FedEx Manager account or will it not because the name is different?

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

My other VR that has an expected 5/8 shipping date has the same status. I wrote down the same address, but the name is under my Mom's. Will that package also show up under my FedEx Manager account or will it not because the name is different?

It will not because name is different

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just sent a (cordial) email to the Midwest manager at PL expressing my concerns. I have no reason to be irate with them just yet because I'm still just waiting (submitted 3/13, shipping still pending, so I'm beginning to grow impatient but I know others have waited longer than me) so for all I know I could still be getting the S2's I submitted and got approved for. If I get any info leading my believe this has changed then I will change my tune with them a bit. If I actually get VR's instead of the S2's then I will be pissed... I feel so bad for you guys that submitted so early and have VRs showing up on your doorstep after seeing people with 3/15+ submission dates getting S2s....

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Just add your mom's name to your FDM account name variations. I have both mine and my wife's names on ours. With and without middle initials.

raphyp

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
with sympathy to those who didn't get theirs yet S2 arrived today
Submitted on the Mar 16th
Approved email on Apr 7 (samsung status page said approved before that)
Label on the 20th
picked up sunday 24th, arrived today
Status page still says pending

dmeloche1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
with sympathy to those who didn't get theirs yet S2 arrived today
Submitted on the Mar 16th
Approved email on Apr 7 (samsung status page said approved before that)
Label on the 20th
picked up sunday 24th, arrived today
Status page still says pending

Yo raphyp, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but I submitted almost a week before you and erroneously got a VR in the mail today.

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally got my approval email and as a ton of you also got, I received the business account only eligible for the VR bs email. I'm done with prizelogic either Verizon can fulfill the promised S2 watch or they can lose a customer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699