Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I called Verizon and spoke to a young lady who seemed hell bent on resolving the issue. She said i should recieve a call from a Supervisor.

Update: After 3 hours of waiting for a call back, decided to call them but got the generic "it's a Samsung promotion bs".. i then told them that i am a loyal VZ customer and that they need to do something to make me feel better.. So they are giving me an extra 4 gigs of data on top of the 8 I already have for the same price going forward. it was either 4 gigs or a one time credit of 10$..no Brainer. I am however still waiting for a call from a Supervisor.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
The gal I had even had to hang up and call me back like 4 times. She was super amazing! I wished I had her email.

ME too! I guess I'll have another go at it tomorrow during my lunch, I'm now to the point where I figured if I call and bug them enough eventually that will say here's your damn S2..

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
ME too! I guess I'll have another go at it tomorrow during my lunch, I'm now to the point where I figured if I call and bug them enough eventually that will say here's your damn S2..

This was my 3rd attempt. I think her hearing that I've been on the phone with samsung and prize logic before and when we hit them and they were of no help she was like, I have to do something. So she did. I really hope others have success!

Uriadin

May 24, 2016
Visit site
It is bittersweet seeing that wireless carriers are the only ones that are assisting with customers during this promotion. It is true, it is a Samsung promotion and the wireless carriers simply advertised it. They benefited from it by having customers coming in and buying new phones, but this was Samsung's problem and they have assisted 0 people with this. None. They simply baited people in to buying their flagship phones as soon as possible and left them hanging.

At least some are getting their items through the carriers though, so that is a plus.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
800-922-0204

thanks I think I'm going to give it some time I called 3 times tlyesterday and was pretty much told sure we will do right by you and was told to order them and they would reimburse my bill but then said no we have to see what samsung says. I think they want to help. just didn't work out for me but I won't give up

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
thanks I think I'm going to give it some time I called 3 times tlyesterday and was pretty much told sure we will do right by you and was told to order them and they would reimburse my bill but then said no we have to see what samsung says. I think they want to help. just didn't work out for me but I won't give up

I wouldn't! They wanted to bill my account and reimburse, but I'm two days late on my bill so they wouldn't but I could pay for it and get my account reimbursed, so I did that so I didn't lose the opportunity!

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
it just seemed that after the 3rd call they didn't wand to hear from me again but I guess one more time wouldn't hurt

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
it just seemed that after the 3rd call they didn't wand to hear from me again but I guess one more time wouldn't hurt

Nobody mentioned my pervious call ins. Just asked how they could help me and I told them what I had been through, the time frames, etc. And I think her experiencing what I had been going through was enough to tick her over the edge.

I'll update when I get my watch. Still not a classic, but I'm happy either way.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying as I type this this lady seems super angry but I've been at it for about an hour and haven't really gotten anywhere. I hope she is able to help me out. she seems like she wants to

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Everyone is acting though if there wasn't a promotion you wouldn't have got myself. I don't really care one way or another whether I get the gear VR. I got the phone I wanted which I would have gotten even without the promotion

SlantedEnvy

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I received mine (Gear) in the mail today! Never got a shipping label confirmation or an email saying that it shipped. It just showed up.

Submitted March 17, Approved April 1. Called looking for it a week or two ago (I posted, so on my last post).

And holy cow was it worth the wait.

Last edited:

Uriadin

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Everyone is acting though if there wasn't a promotion you wouldn't have got myself. I don't really care one way or another whether I get the gear VR. I got the phone I wanted which I would have gotten even without the promotion

Actually, I planned on waiting for the new Note but my child really liked Google Cardboard so I went with this instead so he could get the Gear VR. Plus, if you are told you are going to get something and don't get it then you SHOULD have an issue with that, regardless if you got part of what you wanted. If you went to Subway and ordered a foot long Sandwhich and they only have you 3/4 of what you ordered would you say "Oh well, this will be enough"? No, you would want your whole sandwhich.

I just don't understand how people can just say "Oh well, I got part of what I paid for so I am cool". I drove down the day I did and purchased the item I did because, in a sense, I was also purchasing a Gear VR. Since I was told "Do it by this date and you also get _____" I, rightfully, should expect that item.

Have you ever heard the expression "Give them an inch and they'll take a mile?" Next time maybe it will be 99% off your phone with this mail in rebate. You mail it in and get laughed at for 8 months. Really, if people don't get upset over this then why should they care about honoring absolutely anything ever? An exaggeration, yes, but by how much? $99 Gear VR is $99 (actually $106 and some change according to Samsung). Therefore that is a hundred dollar item you just plain didn't get. Oh wait, games as well.. Wow, the value of what you don't have stacked up.

Last edited:

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I had to agree to a binding contract to take part in this promo. I had to agree to pay Verizon for 2 years and choose this particular phone as a preorder and I was going to get a $299 watch thrown in as part of our 'deal.' I agreed to the deal. I had 14 days to get out of the deal if I didn't like it. 8 days after my submission, the Terms & Conditions changed for everyone submitting as of that date & there were no more Gear S2s for left for them. I had no problem. PrizeLogic suddenly changed the plan & allowed late submitters to apply for S2s (and approved their submissions within days). Now I have a problem, because I'm in a contract with Verizon that I can't get out of because the 14 days are passed. Late submitters are being sent Gear S2s while I'm being told every excuse on the planet for why I'm not being sent one. I would send my S7 Edge back in a heartbeat if Verizon wanted to call us even. Only, I'm in a binding contract....You betcha I want my watch and rest assured, no matter what they say, I hold Verizon responsible.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

If you don't care about the promotion or if you get your VR, why would you even be looking at this thread.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

That's because most of the people constantly posting on this aren't waiting for a $100 VR. We're waiting for a $300 watch (or two of them in some cases like mine). If it were just a VR promotion then I wouldn't have participated. Heck, I got a VR for free because my parents participated in the ATT S7 promo to get a free tablet. They didn't even want the VR but the cashier went ahead and filed their claim for them and they ended up getting both. My 60+ yr old parents don't exactly have any interest in a VR headset so they gave it to me after they finally got it. Yes, there are some posters aggravated about still not having a VR but most of us are waiting on watches.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Happy Hump Day.

I am happy for those who got Verizon to do the right thing. As I state before I have gone that route and have a higher up supervisor who is making me wait until the date that prizelogic told them of May 31st. At that point I will not accept no for an answer.

Has anyone got anything on FDM this week? It seems like between last week and this week shipments have slowed down quite a bit.