Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Nothing here in FDM for me. I should receive my watch from Verizon tomorrow. I hope we still end up with one from the promo. Seems only fitting that we get that one as well for all the problems we've had!

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
For those that got tracking today did you get an email or did your status change with tracking on the promotion page

No status change, it still says processed shipment pending. FDM is where I saw a label created and later that it is on the way.

Posted via the Android Central App

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/11 approved 3/13 approval email 4/7 on East Coast nothing in FDM. Did notice the people who got a label in FDM got their approval email on 4/18

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So daily update I knew I was going to be busy with family tonight (the angry birds movie is a solid pass btw) and I wouldent be able to make the call to Verizon today.

Soo I enlisted a free service that will handle you customer service woes for you.

The rep for that company did call Verizon and looked at my paperwork and...

Noticed that the IMEI numbers on my status page don't match the onea on my receipt.

Upon further examination both IMEI numbers I submitted for matched except the very last digit.

It's possible I put the IMEI number wrong (the same way twice) I have been putting serial numbers in databases most over my adult life nearly every day. Mistakes do get made.

Or

The status page drops the last number for security.

Could some of you do a comparison of your actual IMEI number on your phone compared to the one on the status page to help figure out that I was an ***** or not.

Thank you for your time in advance!

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
So daily update I knew I was going to be busy with family tonight (the angry birds movie is a solid pass btw) and I wouldent be able to make the call to Verizon today.

Soo I enlisted a free service that will handle you customer service woes for you.

The rep for that company did call Verizon and looked at my paperwork and...

Noticed that the IMEI numbers on my status page don't match the onea on my receipt.

Upon further examination both IMEI numbers I submitted for matched except the very last digit.

It's possible I put the IMEI number wrong (the same way twice) I have been putting serial numbers in databases most over my adult life nearly every day. Mistakes do get made.

Or

The status page drops the last number for security.

Could some of you do a comparison of your actual IMEI number on your phone compared to the one on the status page to help figure out that I was an ***** or not.

Thank you for your time in advance!

the last digit doesn't show up on either of mine. I emailed prizelogic literally the day after I submitted because I triple checked and my wife did also I'm paranoid about stuff like that and we both agreed it was right and they said it was right on their end. everything was 100 percent perfect according to them. so I hope that's not the reason it's taking forever but I too would like to know about everyone else.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just checked and It does drop off the last digit for security reasons. You guys should be fine.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I along called samsung and Prize logic the day after I submitted minted and they said they drop the last number not to worry
Made me laugh...that seems to be a tag line of theirs...'not to worry'....I've heard it a zillion times. When I called Samsung, the woman said it over & over...she would go check something (supposedly), then come back & say, 'no worries,' or 'you have no reason to worry,' etc. It really made me start to worry! LOL

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Great! This is what I am worried abouthat! I just started fedex manager and I'm afraid it's not working right! I'm about to send myself a package through fedex to check and see if it is working. I swear if it gets stolen because they don't send me tracking number I'm going to be pissed!

MeatRocket

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I submitted on 3/16, didn't get approval till 4/27. Hounded PL relentlessly and finally gave up on them. Called Verizon on Monday and spoke to a rep & after explaining that it's been 10 weeks since I submitted, she submitted what she called an escalation form for her supervisor and said I'd get a call back in 2-3 days. I hadn't heard anything on Wednesday so I called back in. I got a real jerk on the phone who said the phone wasn't activated on the line I upgraded so I wouldn't get anything. (I used my daughter's line for the upgrade then used it on my line). I got furious and printed out my last year's payment history and device purchase history and went to my local Verizon store.

I spent 2 hours at the store with the manager. She called Samsung, who told her to call PL. PL told her that they couldn't even send watches right now because Samsung's stock was depleted and was having to make extras for our promotion (WTF?). The manager asked for a timeframe and they said they couldn't give one because they had no timeframe from Samsung. She then called Verizon Customer Care and they said they couldn't do anything with my account because the escalation form submitted on Monday was still in a "processing" state and they were unable to view it since it was created by tech support. So I left the store, furious of course.

I called tech support on my way home & got a really nice lady (Patty) and told her the whole story. She went through the T&C and asked about my submissions and I gave her the dates for my submission and approval and asked about what the escalation status was. I was under the impression from the jerk earlier that I was screwed. She said he had no bearing on it, he was just getting me off the phone (great huh!?). She then said "we're going to straighten this out right now. Which watch was it that you were supposed to get? There are 3 of them." I asked what 3 she had and she said the white/silver was unavailable (again, WTF?) but they had the black & the classic. I told her that the promotion was only for the black although I'd be willing to pay the difference for the classic. She said "well, since my supervisor has to approve it anyway, we may as well go for broke!" She put in the SKU for the classic but the system told her it was invalid! She put me on hold for a minute and came back to say that her supervisor had to enter the SKU as she wasn't authorized to do so, but that the supervisor did and gave me an order number!

Sure enough, within minutes the classic showed up under "my orders" and I got a Fedex shipment notification later that night. It's out for delivery today! They basically put in the order, then discounted it.

Gear S2 Classic.jpg

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Great! This is what I am worried abouthat! I just started fedex manager and I'm afraid it's not working right! I'm about to send myself a package through fedex to check and see if it is working. I swear if it gets stolen because they don't send me tracking number I'm going to be pissed!

Call Fedex and give them your address and name. Even. If you do not have a tracking number they can tell you if something is coming your way. Don't waste the time sending yourself a package.

Last edited:

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Now prizelogic is telling Verizon that i will get it by the end of June!!! This is ridiculous I am a 3/9 submitter! So by time I get it it will be 4 months! F****** ridiculous.

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Now prizelogic is telling Verizon that i will get it by the end of June!!! This is ridiculous I am a 3/9 submitter! So by time I get it it will be 4 months! F****** ridiculous.

prizelogic math makes that 2.5 months. Remember that your submission don't mean **** until your real approval date (probably april 6).

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My Bluetooth watches are supposed to arrive today. I know it's an extremely long shot, but I think I will call verizon before I open them and see if they will exchange them for 3g models. I asked the rep if it was the 3g model offered in the promo and he confirmed that it was. But my Verizon order says Bluetooth sport.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
prizelogic math makes that 2.5 months. Remember that your submission don't mean **** until your real approval date (probably april 6).

true. but mine is the same and by my count 8 weeks is the 31st of this month so that's crap. also verizon made a claim ticket for me they said I would have a resolution in 5 to 7 business days. and that is the same as the 31st so hopefully they will give my two watches by then