Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I've been watching this thread for quite awhile now, and I'm in the same boat as most of you.

2/23 - Pre-ordered Galaxy S7 Edge on Verizon.com
3/9 - Received Galaxy S7 Edge from FedEx
3/9 - Registered for the promo on the Verizon website
3/23 - Received approval email from Samsung Promotions noreply@prizelogic.com via bounce.exact.emarketinginc.net
5/26 - Nothing as of today.

4 phone calls to prize logic, 3 calls and 2 chat sessions with Verizon, 1 call and 2 chat sessions with Samsung.

The first call to PL resulted in nothing. The second, they actually looked into it and confirmed I was in the correct location code, but they were sending me a Gear VR. I told them that I registered for a Gear S2 and they said Samsung or Verizon would email me regarding the update on the order. No email or call from them and it's been 2 weeks. Called VZW and they were unable to help. They conference called PL with me and we both got on their case, but with no resolve. Called Samsung and they wanted to transfer me to PL, but I said no. They did anyway.

There seems to be no accountability with any of these companies with the exception of a few reps at Verizon. I'd like to thank them for looking out for the customer and trying to make things right.

I've developed some pretty radical views towards Samsung and Prize logic at this point.

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
"***Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: 5/8/2016***"
I had someone at Samsung tell me this means it'll ship August 5th, 2016. I told him that means May 8th here in the USA, he didn't believe me at first...

Last edited:

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
The strangest thing just happened. I just got another gear Vr in the mail. It's especially strange since I didn't request the first one I got and I only ordered one phone.

AlpeshAC

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I received e-certificate worth $200 for Samsung website, let me know if anyone wants to trade it for new S2.

I am in San Diego, CA.

Thank you,
Alpesh

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering.....Since most of us that remain on this forum are the sad-sacks that have not received our $300 watches from the promo.....why (if we ever do receive it), would we want to trade it for a $200 certificate? If I wanted to sell it, I would go to Swappa and not take a chance on any type of scam that maybe could occur. That's just me, of course...but I'm often clueless, so....

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering.....Since most of us that remain on this forum are the sad-sacks that have not received our $300 watches from the promo.....why (if we ever do receive it), would we want to trade it for a $200 certificate? If I wanted to sell it, I would go to Swappa and not take a chance on any type of scam that maybe could occur. That's just me, of course...but I'm often clueless, so....

Your lack of faith in your fellow man is...probably well founded!

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Well like some of you I am one of the early pre-orders ... am supposed to have 3 S2's out of the deal. Fedex Delivery Manger was nada for the longest time and I just saw a label created .... shows 1 pkg for .9 lbs Bright Point so I'm assuming this is one of the s2's. Shows a Wed 6/1 delivery that I'll believe when I see it delivered. To be honest I dont even care about the S2 at this point ... I dont think I'm going to swap my Gear S for....

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I got my second approval on the 7th and still nothing 8 weeks is the 31st but I'm sure they are going to miss it

Posted via the Android Central App

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Finally some movement.. my package has finally been picked up expected to arrive Saturday... please let my nightmare be over with. Fingers crossed!

Submitted 3/10
PL Approval 4/14

Posted via the Android Central App

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Looks like my package is with Chllybrd's and Cnicks'! It's been picked up and is at the FedEx facility in Indianapolis, with delivery now pushed back to Saturday. Hope everyone else's starts moving as well.

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/19
Approval email 4/7
Got mine 2 weeks ago. Hang in there! It has been a mess of a promotion and hope you all get your watches soon!

Posted via the Silver Slacker

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Wonder if I call Verizon and tell them I didn't get my watch, would they send me classic? Wouldn't surprise me with this promotion.

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if I call Verizon and tell them I didn't get my watch, would they send me classic? Wouldn't surprise me with this promotion.

Good luck with that. I've called multiple times, contacted multiple times via Twitter & Facebook, & multiple online chats with absolutely no luck at all. I have one rep working on it for me, but I still don't see me getting even the normal S2 from Verizon. I just have to cross my fingers my S2s show up from Samsung at some point this year.

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Good luck with that. I've called multiple times, contacted multiple times via Twitter & Facebook, & multiple online chats with absolutely no luck at all. I have one rep working on it for me, but I still don't see me getting even the normal S2 from Verizon. I just have to cross my fingers my S2s show up from Samsung at some point this year.

I was just kidding. I already received my s2. Just wondering how enebt this promotion is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow