Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Wow "it looks like thier expecting a shipment on friday" ! Lol

"To fulfill the remaining orders"

(I'm dying of laughter)

That's some executive level response team level of B to the S

So that what happens to the front line grunts at the Verizon call center.

If somehow manage to not drool on your keyboard for two consecutive days you get bumped up to the ELRT.

Jesus save me!

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I contacted the company that is running the promotion here in Australia. I asked them why my application was still stuck on registered when I had applied for it on the first. She said that that seemed like a while and asked for my claim number. She then said that she had processed my claim and that I should receive my gear VR within the next sixty days. She said it could take a few days to have moved on from the registered phase and I was like "I know but this is eight days now and nothing has happened." lol guess the Australian company running the promotion is as bad as the American one running it.

Edit: it now says my application is "in progress" which apparently means "we've received your details and are reviewing your information". So much for it being processed -___-

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I finally recieved my gear vr today. Seems like they are finally getting around to fulfilling these orders with the amount of posts saying they received them in the last few days. I had honestly given up hope and never expected to get it. I figured they would just give the run around until they eventually just said the promo was over tough luck. But it did indeed arrive today with no updates on the promo page and nothing in FDM. Though I'm sure my FDM isn't set up right since I can't answer their questions correctly since I have no idea who the people are they are asking about lol.

I submitted on 3/12 and was approved 3/22. Have always had an estimated shipping date of 4/30 which is what it still shows. Finally received it on 6/8. I'm still going to keep an eye on this thread to see how long this goes on for. Really left a bad taste in my mouth with all the companies involved doing nothing to fix the situation.

ktabel01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
3/11 Submission
03/23/2016 Approved
Shipping Date Estimate: 5/8/2016

GIfts Selected: 2x GearVR through Verizon

Label Created and email sent from FedEx on 6/8/2016
Delivery Set for Fri 6/10/2016 by end of day
BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER
TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT
501 AIRTECH PKWY
PLAINFIELD, IN US 461687408

Delivery location: North West Arkansas
Weight 2.6 lbs / 1.18 kgs
Terms Not Available
Packaging Package
Service FedEx Home Delivery
Total pieces 1
Shipment ID 94085168*******

Got the same today. I selected watches so not sure what I can do

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Got the same today. I selected watches so not sure what I can do

If you did everything correctly, meaning, purchased from vzw.com not through a third party portal, within the time frame then you should follow up with prize illogic to get it corrected. A few months ago, folks were getting a $200 e cert if they got a vr instead of a watch.
Good luck.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey Im a 3/9 guy too! I know that this may not mean anything. But can you remember when(ish) on 3/9 you submitted? Morning, Afternoon? Evenng?

I did it in the afternoon.

Not that it matters... I am operating on a shuffled pile theory, (new evolution btw, if there are multiple people working the pile they may split the pile at the begining of the shift into multiple stacks, then at the end one pile again, next day split pile again)

I can tell you exactly what time I submitted. 7:09 PM Eastern. I also live in Ohio if it matters at all. Even though I have my watches now I will still be giving updates and checking the site. I will also be calling Prize logic and Samsung just to mess with them.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I got a label in FDM

Wed 6/08/2016
TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT
501 AIRTECH PKWY
Scheduled delivery:
Fri 6/10/2016 by end of day

Weight 1.6 lbs / 0.73 kgs
Terms Not Available
Packaging Package
Service FedEx Home Delivery
Total pieces 1

I am sure if I have one, the rest of my friends (I hope it is ok I use that word) on here will receive one :).

My fingers are crossed that we all actually get them by next week. BTW 3/11 submit, 3/13 approved, 4/7 Letter for 2 watches.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
He said that they asked BrightPoint to follow the order the submissions were received, but they can only ask & it's up to BrightPoint .

IF PL did not include the T&C's as a requirement in the contract they issued to Brightpoint, they are not very good at business. Every company I have ever worked for would put penalty clauses in their contracts to insure they are followed correctly.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
IF PL did not include the T&C's as a requirement in the contract they issued to Brightpoint, they are not very good at business. Every company I have ever worked for would put penalty clauses in their contracts to insure they are followed correctly.

When the manager at PL called me he told me that Brightpoint was not their shipping company it was Samsungs. Who know everyone keeps passing the buck. The whole promotion was not done right. How is it that a person who submitted on 3/25 received their watch on 4/22 but there are still people who submitted on 3/9 and have nothing? That is terrible and it is great if we all get our watches but some of us wasted lots of time calling PL/Samsung/Verizon and writing to make sure this happens. They should waive the activation fee and give us people who waited over 12 weeks free service for the watch for a year. It wont happen but it would be nice.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I got a label in FDM

Wed 6/08/2016
TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT
501 AIRTECH PKWY
Scheduled delivery:
Fri 6/10/2016 by end of day

Weight1.6 lbs / 0.73 kgs
TermsNot Available
PackagingPackage
ServiceFedEx Home Delivery
Total pieces1

I am sure if I have one, the rest of my friends (I hope it is ok I use that word) on here will receive one :).

My fingers are crossed that we all actually get them by next week. BTW 3/11 submit, 3/13 approved, 4/7 Letter for 2 watches.

congrats friend. all our dates except for submission date 3/10 are the same no label yet. at least one early submitters is getting theirs which is a good sign

Posted via the Android Central App

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I went Crazy this week and Posted on Samsung site, wrote Samsung Corporate and Prize Logic Corporate telling them that I was going to make a complaint against them with the BBB and that I also was going to get in touch with my local NYC news outlets like "shame on you" about how messed up this promotion is and how they are not following their own terms and condtions. Both companies actually contacted me and Samsung told me they were going to research what is going on. According to the letter I got from Samsung:

Hey, Tammy! Thank you so much for the patience you have had while we await a response from our promotions team. We have received word that the shipments have been requested through the fulfillment company. It looks like they are expecting a delivery on Friday to fulfill the remaining orders. Once there is tracking information available, it will show up here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus and you will be emailed that same information. We hope this information helps you. Thanks for letting us look into this for you! If you need anything else, please let us know. Thanks and have a great day! ^Kim

Hopefully Kim is being honest and everyone who is waiting will have a label and get it next week. I am happy I have a label and movement but I really want all of us who have been waiting to get them.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the Google Doc Link, It's handy to see data in that format. That said 87 people from one thread? Lord only knows how many people this is effecting.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RAfiY3uXyddXLIlwMGrfI/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
I agree. I was wondering about the original 35000 Gear S2 Verizon submitters & how many this forum actually represents...maybe less than 1%? Wonder if PL will say how many Gear S2 submissions were actually approved? If the original 35,000 were taken in the first week, would it have doubled by the end of the promo? Inquiring minds want to know, :p

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
band adapter.png

If I had a watch, I would definitely order one of these. I've had my custom watch face made & waiting for weeks. Congrats to those who are getting their watches shipped!!!