doze - 14% drain overnight

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I left my phone off the charger last night at 100%. All my apps closed and it drained 14% in 8 hours. Is this normal? I just switched over from a 6s plus where it would drain 1% max. Now I'm not comparing the two OS, but i thought doze would help out more than that. That's ridiculous if you ask me.

Posted via the Android Central App

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you leave it on a table or in the bed with you? U literally can't touch the damn thing or dose doesn't work.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings: click on battery and take a screenshot hold power and home button make sure you click on the "capture more" on the bottom left that shows up after a second or two of the first picture. . That way we can see it all. It should look like this. (might be a little longer)

6b8c57a71cc14ba28f7ae1710cb58197.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't sound like Doze kicked in. On my 6P I have lost as little as 0-1% overnight (6-8 hours). As others have said .. Look out for "Always On" and also could you post some screenshots? It is difficult for us to see the whole picture without seeing that stats from your phone.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you leave it on a table or in the bed with you? U literally can't touch the damn thing or dose doesn't work.

It was left on the table. The phone was not touched. Just turned off the always on display to see if that helps.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't sound like Doze kicked in. On my 6P I have lost as little as 0-1% overnight (6-8 hours). As others have said .. Look out for "Always On" and also could you post some screenshots? It is difficult for us to see the whole picture without seeing that stats from your phone.

I should of posted a screen shot! Just plugged it in before I left for work so I can no longer grab the data. I've turned off always on display so I'll try it again tonight and post a screen shot.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I would be willing to bet it has more to do with a rogue app or updates than the always on display. I would expect no more than 8% max drain just from "always on"?

MasterRy88

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue, losing about 15-20% a night, always on has been off since day 1. Not really sure whats causing it but its pretty annoying.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This is a Samsung feature. I've had every Samsung phone since S3, and they all lost 10+% overnight. Nice to know they haven't addressed this.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Regarding doze. Took my phone of charge this morning and left it in the side to see what it would lose in battery. In nearly 2 hours I went back to it and it was still at 100%. 1920.jpg

Posted via S7 edge 😍

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Is this Doze feature not available for ATT models? I don't see any evidence of it anywhere in my settings.

It's an inherent part of Android 6.0, Marshmallow. It's not a stand-alone app. It's built right into the OS now. It used to be an app you had to install. Your phone has it.

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have also noticed a 14% drain on my phone with Night mode and always on display turned on. I will turn these off tomorrow and see if it improves.
I will leave bluetooth on for the time being. I am not sure if having an android wear watch is knocking my battery down.

Does anyone know of any rogue app detector app that works on non rooted phones? I need a way to find out what is draining battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87