Best alternative to iMessage

Gaprofitt

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Hey All,

Switching over from iPhone to Android (Galaxy S7 Edge). What's the best approach to replacing iMessage for SMS? I've been looking around, some people use Google Hangouts which apparently is retiring SMS perhaps. I also have heard about push bullet.. I need the ability to send and receive SMS messages from my phone and computer which is a mac.

Thanks,

Greg

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey All,

Switching over from iPhone to Android (Galaxy S7 Edge). What's the best approach to replacing iMessage for SMS? I've been looking around, some people use Google Hangouts which apparently is retiring SMS perhaps. I also have heard about push bullet.. I need the ability to send and receive SMS messages from my phone and computer which is a mac.

MightyText allows you to send text from your computer tablet. I use it with my Windows PC. It works very well. They have a Mac app also.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Install SideSync for Mac and use the Default SMS Client, it may do a great job for you. Best combo is to get a wireless charger put it next to your laptop and let it connect to SideSync all the time you need, you won't even need to turn on your phone screen as you will be able to use your whole phone just the same plus you'll always be full charged ready to pick it up from the charger and go.

http://www.samsung.com/us/sidesync/

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually glad to be out of the iMessage inner sanctum for a bit. Have already seen a tremendous reduction in the amount of nonsensical group message threads from my family members that used to populate my phone. They're all hidden on my iPad now. Will get to them when I get to them. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez