Cracked S7 Edge - Advice

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I broke mine this AM, only had it a week, had a Note 5 for the past year and never had a drop or issue, my feel about 1.5 feet on some tile and i had a OBLIQ case on it, i didn't initially notice any damage but then i noticed a crack that run all the way down the left edge! WTF!
I called Verizon and told them what happened and since it was still within the 14 day worry free guarantee they would ship me out a new phone overnight. I cant believe it broke that easy though, this was not a big drop at all, and it had a case! Should be called "bird glass", not "gorilla glass"!
I've read several reports of breaks in thr obliq case. Pisses me off because that's the only nice clear case with a kickstand. If we are required to use a big bulky case that totally covers the curved edges (where most of these break) then it kind of defeats the purpose. I suspect the reason so many who say they never dropped phones before drop this one are the tiny bezels in the edge.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't use a case myself I like the device naked. I do use a iRing. At first I thought it looked stupid but after a day or so I grew to love the thing. It sticks to the back of the phone and can be removed without issue. I have used it now on two devices and removed it numerous times and never a issue.

It evens comes with a car dock which is awesome. Definitely b helps you hold the phone securely while keeping it naked.

http://www.iringusa.com check it out.

stoney3789

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I agree I already shattered my front screen from a 3ft drop.. I dropped my s5 many times and never had any cracks. I hit the glass on the corner edge. Any drop ur pretty much hitting glass.. sucks

stoney3789

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Wait I just got a s7edge from Verizon 3 days ago and I dropped it and cracked the screen. So can I return it with this worry free guarantee? Is it for anyone or do u pay extra?

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually enjoying the Supcase Unicorn Beetle holster case. It doesn't add too much bulk to the device while putting me at ease knowing that protection is there. I'm a holster guy and this is so far the best holster case for the S7 Edge. But to each his/her own :)

Posted via the Android Central App

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I need a little advice on what to do regarding my cracked Galaxy S7 Edge. My last phone was the Galaxy S6 Edge and I used it a full year without a case and somehow I managed to break my new phone within a week of using it. I received it from T-Mobile on March 2nd and broke it on the 9th. Long story short, it fell out of my pocket at the gym, fell on the matted floor and bounced into a metal machine (which ended up hitting the edge of the screen).

I currently have no phone at the moment, used my sisters s6 Edge to take the pictures attached.

Here is the main problem. I contacted Assurant (T-Mobile's insurance provider), and they said that the phone is currently out of stock. I have been without a phone now for 4 days, with no end in sight since it is such a new phone that they don't have an estimate on when the are getting more in stock.

I went into T-Mobile yesterday and asked if they could give me a loaner for free while I wait but they said it would be a flip phone. This will not work for me since I use my phone for work emails throughout the week. To add Insult to injury, I am going on a mini vacation on Wednesday night to Sunday so I need a phone just in case work needs to contact me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of going into T-Mobile, buying the Galaxy S7 Edge in black (only color in stock) and returning it after 7 days ($50 restocking fee). Does anyone have any better ideas?

Whoaa....i could've copied your post and it would be the exact same. I cracked my Galaxy S7 Edge, Silver in the EXACT same spot. The EXACT same display issues happened as well.

DSC08405.jpgDSC08403.jpgDSC08409.jpg

I dropped my phone off my work desk and it hit the plastic leg of my chair before it landed on the carpet. Wondering if this is a weak spot for the phone. Anyway, just figured i'd share...I had insurance so i just paid the deductible.

SW1990WBA

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Also cracked mine this week just shy of being 2 weeks old
Mine has been sent to a company that my insurance requested I send it to, awaiting to see if they can repair or if it'll be replaced, however bank holiday weekend and a 5-7 working day window means it'll be at least a week before I hear anything
ImageUploadedByAVForums1458760463.565717.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1458760471.164879.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1458760488.483044.jpg
So much for drop tests eh!

RIs4

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Whoaa....i could've copied your post and it would be the exact same. I cracked my Galaxy S7 Edge, Silver in the EXACT same spot. The EXACT same display issues happened as well.

View attachment 222150View attachment 222151View attachment 222152

I dropped my phone off my work desk and it hit the plastic leg of my chair before it landed on the carpet. Wondering if this is a weak spot for the phone. Anyway, just figured i'd share...I had insurance so i just paid the deductible.

That is crazy, literally the same exact break. I am also curious if that area is a weak point (right near the power button).

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The edge of the display is going to be weak. The screen is curved and already has steps placed on it. I ordered a case for mine but for now I am using the iring for the back. Gives me something to gold the phone with. But it won't help if like others the phone slides off a table or what not.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Need rubber or silicone on the bottom of your phone case. Then it wouldn't slide till you push it.

Is there a chance any of these broken phones had a case on them ?

Last edited:

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Also cracked mine this week just shy of being 2 weeks old
Mine has been sent to a company that my insurance requested I send it to, awaiting to see if they can repair or if it'll be replaced, however bank holiday weekend and a 5-7 working day window means it'll be at least a week before I hear anything
View attachment 222154
View attachment 222155
View attachment 222156
So much for drop tests eh!

Got a Question, is there a chance that either of these phones that got broken had a case on them.
And if so which case ?

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
No case for mine.

Case would've saved it at impact point I think. My replacement came in so before I mailed it back i did a bunch of drop tests in my kitchen on the back...nothing. lol, what a fluky unfortunate break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress