How to get media controls on lock screen?

oceanclub

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
When I'm playing music I have to unlock the screen to perform forward, etc. Is there a way to display media controls on the Samsung S7 lock screen?

P.

airos4

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue - while playing Google Play Music, if you tap the power button to light up the screen it goes straight to the "swipe screen to unlock" screen with the shortcuts in the lower corners. No music controls at all. I use a pattern lock. I'd rather it went straight to the pattern instead of a "swipe to unlock" screen, and I'd like the music controls on whatever screen pops up first when I tap power.

rt9191

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem also - you have to turn on notifications for the app, and then *also* turn on notifications for that app for the lock screen.

Step 1 - Settings --> Notifications --> Turn on notifications for GPM (or other)

Step 2 - Settings --> Lock screen & Security --> Notifications on lock screen --> turn on notifications for GPM.

All done :)

Edit: The above is actually for a regular S7, not the Edge, but my guess would be it's the same process.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem also - you have to turn on notifications for the app, and then *also* turn on notifications for that app for the lock screen.

Step 1 - Settings --> Notifications --> Turn on notifications for GPM (or other)

Step 2 - Settings --> Lock screen & Security --> Notifications on lock screen --> turn on notifications for GPM.

All done :)

Edit: The above is actually for a regular S7, not the Edge, but my guess would be it's the same process.

it's the same process. this should work for people who aren't seeing the notification for the app. i use GPM, spotify and podcast addict and see the controls on my lockscreen.

BlackKnight23

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
When I'm playing music I have to unlock the screen to perform forward, etc. Is there a way to display media controls on the Samsung S7 lock screen?

P.
I have the same issues on my S7 edge. I have notifications shown on lock screen and allow gpm to show. I've even done a FDR without luck. The album art is displayed with a white background. Only when I hold my finger in the white background do I see the controls showing in black pop up but they don't stay. When the phones unlocked and you access the pulldown menu it doesn't display properly there either it's the same white with just album art no controls.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member