S7 Edge Loading and Buffering issues

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I had a Note 4. Been testing it against my S7 Edge.

Refreshing FB and IG in app.
S7e: Sometimes takes a while to do it. See bunch of "unable to connect" or something errors.
N4: No constant issue.

Listening to iHeartRadio or Samsung Milk.
S7e: Buffer issues and sometimes need to press the stop button and restart it to get it going again.

Watching Youtube or Netflix.
S7e: No constant issue.
N4: No constant issues.

Trying to see if its a OS or phone issue or something else. I do notice it usually acts up only when im on WiFi.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You may try to factory-reset your phone and try again... I haven't seen any of those issues with any app (FB/IG included). I did, however, factory reset my phone before I started using it. Samsung Milk I haven't used a lot (I usually go to Spotify instead) but the few times I've used it so far has been OK.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Figured I try that this weekend. Wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues and maybe a easier fix.

Thanks though, hopefully if I do factory reset it, it'll fix it.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any buffering issues. I've used Netflix, Sirius, Play Music and Tune IN Radio. All good here.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
you can try doing a Cache clear from the Recovery Menu first. That won't wipe your device but it might help if there are things going wrong.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I had a Note 4. Been testing it against my S7 Edge.

Refreshing FB and IG in app.
S7e: Sometimes takes a while to do it. See bunch of "unable to connect" or something errors.

Listening to iHeartRadio or Samsung Milk.
S7e: Buffer issues and sometimes need to press the stop button and restart it to get it going again.

Watching Youtube or Netflix.
S7e: No constant issue.
N4: No constant issues.

Trying to see if its a OS or phone issue or something else. I do notice it usually acts up only when im on WiFi.

Are you using cheap MicroSD?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issues with buffering on the same type apps and very slow app store loading. Yhis mostly happens at home when on wifi. Everywhere else I have no problem. A lot of people are saying turn off ipv6 on router. I've done a little reading and this should not be my problem as I can get serice everywhere else. We have tried rebooting router and restarting phone after cache clear and still not much better. I may try a factory reset next and see if one of the apps is causing me issues as I did the mirror set up and copied all from old phone to new. Not using an sd card as I got used to not having one in old sammy phone.
Keep us posted on how the phone preforms after reset!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Some people are reporting spotty WiFi performance if their Bluetooth is on. Might try that and see if you need to get a replacement.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I had a Note 4 previously also and for me the S7 Edge is much faster and honestly haven't had any buffering issues with it, none, I use Pandora, Spotify and youtube quite often..

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply, just got back into town yesterday.

I have the same issues with buffering on the same type apps and very slow app store loading. Yhis mostly happens at home when on wifi. Everywhere else I have no problem. A lot of people are saying turn off ipv6 on router. I've done a little reading and this should not be my problem as I can get serice everywhere else. We have tried rebooting router and restarting phone after cache clear and still not much better. I may try a factory reset next and see if one of the apps is causing me issues as I did the mirror set up and copied all from old phone to new. Not using an sd card as I got used to not having one in old sammy phone.
Keep us posted on how the phone preforms after reset!

i've been on IPV4 for a while now. Changed it while I was troubleshooting my old phone.

Some people are reporting spotty WiFi performance if their Bluetooth is on. Might try that and see if you need to get a replacement.

Its always off unless I have it connected to my speakers.

UPDATE: Post factory reset. Didnt use a SD card. Only installed FB, IG, and iHeartRadio. Still same issues.

Reloaded my old backup since I was going out of town. While there I started to get a few "failed to connect" errors trying to NFC (or BT) connect to my Samsung Box Mini. Finally got it to work by disassociating it and reconnecting. Another thing my Note 4 had no issues with.

Once I got back into town, I went to T-Mobile to request a replacement. Only issue I was able to show them was the FB unable to connect error. New phone should be here Monday...hopefully the new one doesnt have the same issues.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So had my new phone for ~1 day now. Reloaded my backup.

So far no issues I had with my first phone. Just got done listening to IHeartRadio for 10 mins and Milk for 5 mins without buffering issues. FB/IG refreshes fine (though I did have one FB cannot connect right now error).

Still need to test out for a longer period but I think the problem was my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo