Ultra Power Saving Mode Launcher Bug?!

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
My GF has the T-Mobile Gold S7 Edge and for the most part she loves it and it's amazing. The really only issue is that when she puts on Ultra Power Saver mode and the goes back to regular it messes up her launcher completely. I have her setup with the Google Now Launcher as that is what she had on her Note 3 and it works best for her as she loves Google Now. But once she comes back from ultra mode all her widgets are gone, all of her home screens and 75% of the icons on screen. I have no idea what is going on here? I have tried both the regular and beta versions of the Google app to no avail? Anyone have the same issue or help for us? Thanks...

Jazzman911

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nova Launcher Pro and i put mine into the Ultra Power Saver Mode just to try it and when i went back my layout was still ok, maybe try using a different launcher.
I know from past experience that they are all different...

xxryu139xx

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My GF has the T-Mobile Gold S7 Edge and for the most part she loves it and it's amazing. The really only issue is that when she puts on Ultra Power Saver mode and the goes back to regular it messes up her launcher completely. I have her setup with the Google Now Launcher as that is what she had on her Note 3 and it works best for her as she loves Google Now. But once she comes back from ultra mode all her widgets are gone, all of her home screens and 75% of the icons on screen. I have no idea what is going on here? I have tried both the regular and beta versions of the Google app to no avail? Anyone have the same issue or help for us? Thanks...

this has been the same issue with my S5. Ultra Saving Mode does not play nice with Google Now Launcher.

Jacob Nyquist

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site

Any suggestions for how to get out of ultra power saving mode with Google now? TMobile and Samsung both have failed to help me as the Google now launcher seems to block exciting this mode.

Dhconn

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar problem with both Google Now and Nova Launcher with my new S7 (AT&T). The support tech tried many ways to undo this - even after remotely taking control of my phone. Are you able to access any menus in Settings? She also tried having me download the Swipeup app - assuming you can access the Play Store. Ultimately I had to do a factory reset. The tech told me there were problems with using launchers with the S7, and not to load any until they're fixed. So I'm stuck with TouchWiz for now. :(

Jacob Nyquist

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
So, there is some feature that lets you backup some of your phones data through OTG on Recovery... I got a total of 5 empty folders before this feature stopped transmitting to my usb drive. Then, well, I did what everyone else will have to do, I did the factory wipe.

I would be so delighted to have stock android on a Samsung device... I love how pretty Samsungs are, and how nice their hardware is... I hate their software.

IF they know their device has compatibility issues with certain applications, they should find a way to make it so that the software says "not compatible with your device." I used to see this all the time with other items... I never looked into if it was a Google Play setting based on the "OS" version you're running or something else, but I'm sure that Samsung could figure out a way to at least warn when you install an application their modified android won't run...

ogpanic1

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
After messing with this for an hour or so I figured out the problem, press and hold the google now icon drag it up to the top of the screen where it brings up the app info, once there there is an option to reset default app. deselect the app restart the phone then upon restart you can now choose touch wiz to become the default app. Then you can successfully exit ultra power save mode.

Dakota Westbrook

May 7, 2016
Visit site

My brother had this happen before and he factory reset it but i found a way without factory resetting it. Open your apps section and hold and drag the google app to the "App info" and click set as default and clear the defaults it should be able to exit now.

SilverCam13

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
After trying everything else, nothing worked. I also couldn't find the Google App in my app drawer.
I did try booting my Galaxy Note 4 into Safe Mode (holding Volume up and down and home down as device powers on). After the phone fully powered on the option to turn UPSM off finally appeared. Hope this works for any of you who have a similar issue.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem but with 7.0 update. I tried the ultra power saving mode today. Didn't like it so I tried going back to the MID option. It completely froze up on me and I had to hard reboot the phone twice before getting back to the MID setting.

The Visual-anti

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem everytime I set UPSM and have in it for an extended period of time then it seems to be deleting pain be icon then the folders. because everytime I go into regular persevering, or normal mode it's missing icons. had anyone tried switching to TouchWiz before going into I'll UPSM? the problem with be using TouchWiz on a daily basis it doesn't allow me to use landscape during app selection. I'm constantly flipping it Right side up to select an app, enough to do l give my phone vertigo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87