I forgot my password for my Samsung S7 Edge, how can I get back into my phone?

A

AC Question

help i forgot my password for samsung s7 edge. my wifi is turned off :(

i reset my phone and now it requires my password before it would let me use my fingerprint. i tried locating it unfortunately my wifi was turned off

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: help i forgot my password for samsung s7 edge. my wifi is turned off :(

i reset my phone and now it requires my password before it would let me use my fingerprint. i tried locating it unfortunately my wifi was turned off

I have to ask, you've had this phone for what? 2 weeks maybe? How can you forget your password in that time frame?
You are going to have to bring it to your provider or an Authorized Samsung Dealer with photo ID to reset it

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
These Security Protocols are in place for a very good reason.

Circumventing them isn't something I'm prepared to help too much with.

Please speak with Samsung Support.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going to a computer and logging onto Android device manager? From there you can try and lock your phone, it should ask you to input a new code, put in something that you'll remember then try and unlock your phone. I know it works on one of my previous phones, but I've never tried it on my Edge.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the only option you have is to wipe your phone by either booting into recovery mode or wiping it through the Samsung Find My Mobile site. If you are not the rightful owner of the phone, you should return it. :)

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I think wiping isn't an option as the password also helps with theft and the bad guys doing the same thing and then having a phone to use. I may be wrong on this, but with my LG G3, and using the McAfee, even after a wipe, it STILL prompts me for a password to do anything. Obviously, that's a 3rd party product, but that was 2 gens ago. I would think newer Android devices would have something like that built in.