Apple Music/iHeart Radio app issues on S7 Edge AT&T

Challenger513

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello all! First time poster, long time lurker lol. I've always found these forums extremely helpful and informative, and they've helped me learn a lot about Android since I've always been an iPhone user. I took an interest in Android OS almost two years ago, and have owned several Android phones in the process. Currently, I own an iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, Nextbit Robin, and a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Anyway, enough about my introduction here.

I'm on my second S7 Edge, and I only got rid of my first one because I figured it may have been the phone itself that was having issues. However, I'm having the same issues on my newest S7E and I also tried using the same apps on a friend's S7E with the same problems.

Apple Music WILL NOT play continuous songs, no matter what. I have it set up exactly the same on my Nextbit Robin, and it also worked just fine on my Note 5 and LG V10. In order to play the next song, I have to hit the back button, and then next. Even if I am using a playlist on shuffle, it still has the same issue. I absolutely CANNOT get any two songs to play in a row, whether it be from my personal collection or downloaded from Apple Music. I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issues. I don't want to use Google Play Music (even though I have it set up). I use the same playlists on all of my devices, and the only phone that does not operate correctly with Apple Music is the S7E. The Nextbit Robin plays flawlessly! It also plays the iHeart Radio app perfectly as well. I noticed quite a few of you are having the overheating/then powering down issue with that app, so I didn't bother to bring that up.

I've done more troubleshooting than I have liked, and I hope there is an easy fix. I really love this phone, heck, it's my favorite flagship at the moment. Unfortunately, the two apps I use the most are having issues : / So is anyone else experiencing this problem with Apple Music? Also, I don't use Power saving mode, so we can rule that out. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to fully enjoy this fantastic phone! Thanks for reading : )

Challenger513

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Quick update:

Contacted Samsung AND Apple, and neither could resolve the issue. Even did a second factory reset, but still, no luck. I hate to return this device, but it looks like I'm running out of options unfortunately : /

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Don't know about Apple music but for some reason Pandora doesn't work on my S7E. Tried multiple reinstalls and just get a black screen when I open the app.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't comment on the S7 and Apple Music...but on my Note 5 I had lots of issues with Google Play Music. It would not play any sing over 6 minutes. After lots of research, it was on Samsung's end as acknowledged by the and Google. Wouldn't surprise me if it was on Samsung's end for this as well.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Apple Music on my S7E without issues. I know that doesn't help you, but it does indicate that it's not a problem S7 wide.

Posted via the Android Central App

Challenger513

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm...jneusch what carrier is your S7 Edge for? Also, did you purchase it at your carrier's store? I purchased both of mine from Best Buy, and AT&T is the carrier. I tried Google Play Music, and it runs perfectly. Apple Music will not play any music that I download from my personal collection. However, I tried downloading the same exact albums off of Apple Music and they DO play consecutive songs.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...jneusch what carrier is your S7 Edge for? Also, did you purchase it at your carrier's store? I purchased both of mine from Best Buy, and AT&T is the carrier. I tried Google Play Music, and it runs perfectly. Apple Music will not play any music that I download from my personal collection. However, I tried downloading the same exact albums off of Apple Music and they DO play consecutive songs.

I am on At&t and Apple Music works fine for me. I don't know if its your phone though, Apple Music is still a beta app on android, so that is most likely the issue. Don't know why its not working for you though.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same issue, also experienced it on my previous phone (S6 edge+)

Keep hoping the updates will fix it but so far they have not.

I am going to cancel Apple music as it is not useable for me right now

Challenger513

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm on my 4th AT&T unit. Same issue. iHeart Radio seems to work just fine, but Apple Music still won't play consecutive songs. Looks like I'm going to just return it for good. I've exhausted all options for this phone. I'm going to cross my fingers that Samsung comes out with an S7 Edge/Note type of phone. I'll be ALL over that! Edge's + S-Pen...the thought of it makes me drool :p

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am on At&t and Apple Music works fine for me. I don't know if its your phone though, Apple Music is still a beta app on android, so that is most likely the issue. Don't know why its not working for you though.

I am also on AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App

Challenger513

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
It plays music that is downloaded from Apple Music just fine, however it's my own personal collection that won't play consecutively. Works perfectly on my Nextbit Robin. Makes no sense.