Google now keeps popping up randomly after use in water.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Google now keeps piping up randomly after use in water.

Anyway the phone gets in water is the same thing as dropping it or moving it or idk whatever under water is getting water on it and covering it up with water. Water tests are all over the Internet. Try it for yourself and tell me I'm not wrong. I'm using the phone now and it's like I just got it. Very fast. I stand by samsung.

posted from my galaxy s7edge

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
No way in he[[ I'd take my expensive phone into water on purpose. That's just nucking futs. I don't care what Samsung says. Nice to know it may survive an accidental dunk, but on purpose? Crazy shiit.

Why not ? Take it out and try it ! It works just fine after it dries. I don't even have it underwater but for 10 seconds. All in all maybe 2..3 min?? It's not like I'm gonna do it all the time. I'm mostly gonna take it down water slides this summer and In the shallow end of the wave pool. Have you not seen the commercials where little Wayne is taking a call and he dunks it in a fish tank? Then pours shampangne on t??

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site

Same deal with the Casio milspec phones. Speakers crap out and intermittent glitches from moisture in the case. They wouldn't even honor water damage and they're the ones posting videos of flushing phones in the toilet and freezing them in a block of ice.

Great feature to have in a pinch, but intentionally take it to the bottom of the pool to snap a selfie and you're pooched from a legal standpoint.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Why not ? Take it out and try it ! It works just fine after it dries. I don't even have it underwater but for 10 seconds. All in all maybe 2..3 min?? It's not like I'm gonna do it all the time. I'm mostly gonna take it down water slides this summer and In the shallow end of the wave pool. Have you not seen the commercials where little Wayne is taking a call and he dunks it in a fish tank? Then pours shampangne on t??

More power to ya, it's your phone. I have read of a few so far that have had some issues that Samsung has not been fixing because they say there is water damage. Those incidences are around. As I said I'd not risk it. Wondering if bad press flak will come back to bite Samsung since they seem to condone the commercials showing water use and not fixing water damaged units. Seems contradictory on their part. But you go right ahead and have fun in the pool with it.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Let me see if I get this right. The OP writes that he needs help because he is having problems after using it underwater. He then keeps insisting it is okay to use underwater. He listens to the rep in BB but ignores the warranty wording. Gotta love it.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Anyway the phone gets in water is the same thing as dropping it or moving it or idk whatever under water is getting water on it and covering it up with water. Water tests are all over the Internet. Try it for yourself and tell me I'm not wrong. I'm using the phone now and it's like I just got it. Very fast. I stand by samsung.

Yeah. You'll be standing right by them screaming and arguing at the BB rep when he won't replace your phone from repeated.....let me repeat that....REPEATED....abuse from constant water dunking. You're unbelievably naïve and have lots to learn.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Let me see if I get this right. The OP writes that he needs help because he is having problems after using it underwater. He then keeps insisting it is okay to use underwater. He listens to the rep in BB but ignores the warranty wording. Gotta love it.

I know right?!? Every time I read his posts, I just laugh. Uncontrollably. For a few minutes.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

More power to ya, it's your phone. I have read of a few so far that have had some issues that Samsung has not been fixing because they say there is water damage. Those incidences are around. As I said I'd not risk it. Wondering if bad press flak will come back to bite Samsung since they seem to condone the commercials showing water use and not fixing water damaged units. Seems contradictory on their part. But you go right ahead and have fun in the pool with it.

I agree with you. Sammy seems to not honor what they are condoning. like saying, YES! It's water resistant and can be dunked!! DO IT!! Then you do and it fails and they say, Oh sorry, water damage isn't covered....it's total crap if you ask me.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

How can the phone have water damage If samsung displays "WATER RESISTANCE" and shows water being on the phone in TV commercials and telling everybody that the phone can be in the water?? That doesn't make since to me. The inside of the phone has been covered with plastic protecting the ports from water. You just don't know what your talking about. Water water water phone phone phone. Are you getting it ?? The phone will work with water! Resistant to water for a period of time and pressure. no other phone is advertised as water resistant! This phone is advertised as water resistant. The phone works in water. I have tested... the phone... In water... It works. Nothing is wrong with the phone ! I am only trying to figure out why Google. One app is launching over and over randomly.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

I know my phone is water resistant but I didn't not spend $800 to just dunk it in water for fun. I like the reassurance - which is all it is, really, reassurance- that my phone will be okay if it got wet. There is no way in hell that I will purposely put my phone in water then complain that something on the phone isn't working well. The app opens because of moisture. What more is there to understand?

Posted via the Android Central App

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I know my phone is water resistant but I didn't not spend $800 to just dunk it in water for fun. I like the reassurance - which is all it is, really, reassurance- that my phone will be okay if it got wet. There is no way in hell that I will purposely put my phone in water then complain that something on the phone isn't working well. The app opens because of moisture. What more is there to understand?

Posted via the Android Central App

S6 Active owner here that went through this with Samsung and then not honoring water damage to my device. I guess I became such a pain in the rear, they finally gave in and repaired it. Like the S7, the Active is IP68 and get this: there is an underwater mode for the camera. When launching underwater mode, it says to use the volume keys to take pictures. Why did they put this into the software to begin with? It's water resistant, but we want you to believe the device can be used under water to take cool photos.

I no longer treat my Active as water resistant or more durable than any other device. If anything, they should update the camera and remove that mode altogether.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I don't NOT believe what they're saying, but I believe what they mean is that it can and should withstand that kind of water pressure for 30 minutes. Now... Why don't they fully honor these kinds of claims? It's hard to prove. Let's imagine that you measure 5' of water and put it in the water, and you put your hand in to grab it (assuming you have a 5 foot hand), you're raising the water pressure and therefore water would leak in. You'd go to Samsung and say that it was in 5 feet for 30 minutes and it broke, but it was more. They can't prove that it was or wasn't... Do you see what I mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member