05-15-2016 10:52 AM
55 123
tools
    Are you getting it ??
    posted from my galaxy s7edge
    Oh yeah, I get it. I got it from your very first post. Speaks volumes, Precisely. Later kid
    05-02-2016 11:41 PM
    I think your question was answered in post 4.
    05-03-2016 02:02 AM
    I know my phone is water resistant but I didn't not spend $800 to just dunk it in water for fun. I like the reassurance - which is all it is, really, reassurance- that my phone will be okay if it got wet. There is no way in hell that I will purposely put my phone in water then complain that something on the phone isn't working well. The app opens because of moisture. What more is there to understand?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Stykthyn, jazz70 and Bag of Leaves like this.
    05-03-2016 08:04 AM
    I know my phone is water resistant but I didn't not spend $800 to just dunk it in water for fun. I like the reassurance - which is all it is, really, reassurance- that my phone will be okay if it got wet. There is no way in hell that I will purposely put my phone in water then complain that something on the phone isn't working well. The app opens because of moisture. What more is there to understand?

Posted via the Android Central App
    S6 Active owner here that went through this with Samsung and then not honoring water damage to my device. I guess I became such a pain in the rear, they finally gave in and repaired it. Like the S7, the Active is IP68 and get this: there is an underwater mode for the camera. When launching underwater mode, it says to use the volume keys to take pictures. Why did they put this into the software to begin with? It's water resistant, but we want you to believe the device can be used under water to take cool photos.

I no longer treat my Active as water resistant or more durable than any other device. If anything, they should update the camera and remove that mode altogether.
    jean15paul likes this.
    05-14-2016 08:24 PM
    I don't NOT believe what they're saying, but I believe what they mean is that it can and should withstand that kind of water pressure for 30 minutes. Now... Why don't they fully honor these kinds of claims? It's hard to prove. Let's imagine that you measure 5' of water and put it in the water, and you put your hand in to grab it (assuming you have a 5 foot hand), you're raising the water pressure and therefore water would leak in. You'd go to Samsung and say that it was in 5 feet for 30 minutes and it broke, but it was more. They can't prove that it was or wasn't... Do you see what I mean?
    Asfalloth likes this.
    05-15-2016 10:52 AM
55 123