so has any broken there rear glass yet?

Corey Chimento

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Put it in a case - problem solved.

But yeah, Asurion's deductibles are outrageous. Look for local phone repair shops in your area, and forget about Asurion unless you lose the phone or break the front glass. You should be able to find reviews of local places on Yelp.

Ive broken my S7 twice. With and without a case. Galaxy sucks . Not worth the money!!

vitormfj

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
After two weeks using the S7, I dropped it from the bed while sleeping.
It did break the front glass. Minor thing, but I was so frustrated that I decided to spend big bucks in order to buy a new panel and replace it.
I am quite used opening and fixing smartphones, I've done it since my old Nokia n95, going through the Galaxy S, Note, S5 and even an iPhone 4.
Never had too much problem, even with the iPhone (that - oh the irony - had a glass back).
My first thought was that I would need to just unscrew a lot of things in order to replace the panel, but I was so wrong.

Few seconds after heating the back panel and trying to remove it, the sh*t just shattered all over.
Frustration or fury, I'm not entirely sure what was my feeling at this point.
Anyway, after some unscrewing and fighting through a lots and lots of glue, I finally replaced the front panel.
Ordered a new back panel and guess what? The sh*t came already broken. Looked like football bubble-wrap and it wasn't enough.

Glass back is a terrible idea. Glass back with a mad hell lots of glue is a F*CKING terrible idea.
I don't care if it looks prettier, the thing can't be used without a case anyway.
I don't even want to use my Gear VR anymore.
I can't use it with a case and I am afraid a shard from the shattered back might drop into my eye.

I've been a loyal customer.
I've bought tons of electronics from Samsung.
But after this and both my air conditioner and tv breaking, I don't feel like it anymore.
Adios

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
My daughter was sitting in our home and went to imput a number and the back of the phone cracked.She only had it 2 days ....it was her second one ...the first one was stolen...we had to pay 175.00 to replace it..then this one cracked......she did nothing for this and assurant says we are out of luck...they wern't nice at all...tmobile says...oops you have an insurance issue.... Why in all thats holly did samsung make the back glass. these galaxy s7 edges are useless as tits on a bull....and it seems that Samsung is not going to be responsible for this stupidity...

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Knock on wood haven't broken it.

I do believe a metal back would have been better.

I put this phone straight into a case the day I got it, it's my 1st phone with glass back.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I read one guy who said his was in an otterbox but cracked anyway. I believe he said the back actually cracked. It made me wonder how many people with cases have cracked glass in the back and don't even know it.

My son just broke his Edge back with an Otterbox Commuter on it. The cracks started at the camera and went out from there.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My son just broke his Edge back with an Otterbox Commuter on it. The cracks started at the camera and went out from there.
That sucks. Glass back is just stupid but it attracts users who want pretty phones. I feel the same way about curved screens

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
no more than plastic does

And? I was just stating that is one of the reasons they did it. They went away from plastic due to all reviews and people hating on it so.. Glass is the next best to also keep their wireless charging.

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
All glass construction says it all. I was amused in reading reviews for cases on Amazon.. Most all 1 star reviews were due to 'my phone fell off the coffee table onto the carpeted floor and the screen broke', or other minor drops and falls. The protrusion of the 'Edge' screen makes it impossible to provide much protection to the front. The back likely doesn't break nearly as often, but the glass construction is more fragile ..

Rick H1

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
If you have actual point of impact. You can glean it well and use. Nail polish to seal the impact point. Take nail polish brush and dip it in the clear acrylic polish and use a piece of paper to spread the polisish even on then use the brush to paint the area damaged . Don't clump it on "paint it on " small even strokes thin layers . The painting effect is better than a clump . You can do several coats . Let dry on between. This will prevent any more or lessen the damage done . No pieces will fall out. After that a case and or a outer box will be sufficient and may protect a little better from moisture

Utschy

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
What is really bothering me is that I didn't know I had "rear glass". Stupid me. I thought it was metal. Never occurred to me the back was glass. Salesman never said anything. I actually have a case Tech 21 but I guess it didn't protect. Any ideas how much waterproofness I lose? There are a ton of cracks by the back middle edge with long legs out across the back.

Spudz99

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Who the heck in there right mind is thinking about the back of a phone cracking?

I am.....just received my S7 back from Samsung today after shelling out a whopping £206 great British pounds to have my front screen fixed, picked it up from my local UPS collection store, on my way to work, before I'd managed to get it home and get the case back on it the rear screen has shattered....seriously something wrong with their Gorilla glass. Pi**ed off to say the least