08-30-2017 12:54 PM
59 123
tools
    My son just broke his Edge back with an Otterbox Commuter on it. The cracks started at the camera and went out from there.
    That sucks. Glass back is just stupid but it attracts users who want pretty phones. I feel the same way about curved screens
    02-21-2017 01:58 PM
    That sucks. Glass back is just stupid but it attracts users who want pretty phones. I feel the same way about curved screens
    It also helps with wireless charging.
    02-21-2017 03:16 PM
    It also helps with wireless charging.
    no more than plastic does
    02-21-2017 03:37 PM
    no more than plastic does
    And? I was just stating that is one of the reasons they did it. They went away from plastic due to all reviews and people hating on it so.. Glass is the next best to also keep their wireless charging.
    02-21-2017 03:39 PM
    As I said they went to glass because it is prettier. Plastic is more practical.
    02-21-2017 03:50 PM
    All glass construction says it all. I was amused in reading reviews for cases on Amazon.. Most all 1 star reviews were due to 'my phone fell off the coffee table onto the carpeted floor and the screen broke', or other minor drops and falls. The protrusion of the 'Edge' screen makes it impossible to provide much protection to the front. The back likely doesn't break nearly as often, but the glass construction is more fragile ..
    02-22-2017 10:36 AM
    If you have actual point of impact. You can glean it well and use. Nail polish to seal the impact point. Take nail polish brush and dip it in the clear acrylic polish and use a piece of paper to spread the polisish even on then use the brush to paint the area damaged . Don't clump it on "paint it on " small even strokes thin layers . The painting effect is better than a clump . You can do several coats . Let dry on between. This will prevent any more or lessen the damage done . No pieces will fall out. After that a case and or a outer box will be sufficient and may protect a little better from moisture
    07-02-2017 07:39 PM
    What is really bothering me is that I didn't know I had "rear glass". Stupid me. I thought it was metal. Never occurred to me the back was glass. Salesman never said anything. I actually have a case Tech 21 but I guess it didn't protect. Any ideas how much waterproofness I lose? There are a ton of cracks by the back middle edge with long legs out across the back.
    08-12-2017 05:56 PM
    Who the heck in there right mind is thinking about the back of a phone cracking?
    I am.....just received my S7 back from Samsung today after shelling out a whopping £206 great British pounds to have my front screen fixed, picked it up from my local UPS collection store, on my way to work, before I'd managed to get it home and get the case back on it the rear screen has shattered....seriously something wrong with their Gorilla glass. Pi**ed off to say the least
    08-30-2017 12:54 PM
59 123