Screen Protector Question

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
So I got the IQ Liquid Screen Protector for my new S7 Edge, and while I'm usually pretty good at putting these on (even used that brand before), but wow.... after following the instructions and letting it dry over night, there's actually more bubbles than when i first got it on, the edges are peeling up... it's just nasty.

So i know IQ will send me a new one... Or I could probably say it's defective and just return it to Amazon (it's only been a week).

Any suggestions on which I should do? Should I get a different kind of screen protector? Go without? Just get a replacement on this one and try again? I'm also using a case.

Thanks

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I got the IQ Liquid Screen Protector for my new S7 Edge, and while I'm usually pretty good at putting these on (even used that brand before), but wow.... after following the instructions and letting it dry over night, there's actually more bubbles than when i first got it on, the edges are peeling up... it's just nasty.

So i know IQ will send me a new one... Or I could probably say it's defective and just return it to Amazon (it's only been a week).

Any suggestions on which I should do? Should I get a different kind of screen protector? Go without? Just get a replacement on this one and try again? I'm also using a case.

Thanks

There are not many good choices for the Edge. Best film screen protector that I have used is Bodyguardz HD Contour. Application is easy and it is case-friendly. However, it does scratch easy.
I am waiting on the new tempered glass from CaseMate, but almost all of the tempered glass ones from Asia are crap.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Damn, $25. For that price I'm thinking I might just go to T-Mobile and buy one from them so they have to put it on perfectly for me haha. Thanks for the response.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
There are not many good choices for the Edge. Best film screen protector that I have used is Bodyguardz HD Contour. Application is easy and it is case-friendly. However, it does scratch easy.
I am waiting on the new tempered glass from CaseMate, but almost all of the tempered glass ones from Asia are crap.

As a follow up to the above, I just received the Case Mate and it is "crap" just like all of the other tempered glass screen protectors.

Henna7s

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I got the tempered glass from amazon, shipping from China and as soon I installed in the screen it was broken down like a piece of cheap hard plastic, so, I text to the seller and send a pic, he said he will send me another one and if is not working he will send my money back, so, I told him send another back, and surprise I received a better quality tempered glass protection screen this is thicker and look so different from the first one, I will mention they will coming in the same packing box, I also add a case for the back of the Samsung Galaxy 7S Edge and works fine, the only problem I am looking to fix is the screen lost sensitivity, before without the tempered glass protector the screen has high sensitivity, now I have to touch several times a letter when I am writing a text, most of the letters are the ones close to the edges.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I bought the glossy case-friendly protector from Best Skins Ever and the wet application was simple with only a literal few tiny bubbles that did indeed work themselves out within 48 hours. I didn't use the phone for the first 12 hours after installation, as per the instructions, and I didn't put a case on the phone for the first 48 hours (not in the instructions, but I figured it would be a good idea). It is great and works perfectly with my two cases.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the tempered glass from amazon, shipping from China and as soon I installed in the screen it was broken down like a piece of cheap hard plastic, so, I text to the seller and send a pic, he said he will send me another one and if is not working he will send my money back, so, I told him send another back, and surprise I received a better quality tempered glass protection screen this is thicker and look so different from the first one, I will mention they will coming in the same packing box, I also add a case for the back of the Samsung Galaxy 7S Edge and works fine, the only problem I am looking to fix is the screen lost sensitivity, before without the tempered glass protector the screen has high sensitivity, now I have to touch several times a letter when I am writing a text, most of the letters are the ones close to the edges.

Same exact result with the tempered glass I got from eBay. Gets really annoying trying to type

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Zagg HD works brilliantly just watch the instruction video & stick to it. It did take 3 days for some small bubbles to disappear - I thought I'd got dust under there - but all clear now.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
So just to update this, I found a youtube video with instructions a little different than the instructions that came with the thing... So when I got my free replacement (same IQ protector) I did it the different way and it worked great. I don't have the link to the video but the gist of it is, don't worry about getting the phone wet, just keep peeling the protector back up and spraying more of the liquid, and if you get even one bubble, peel it right back up and spray more liquid, push it back down, squeeze out the bubbles, if you have one bubble, repeat. just keep doing it until you're happy. then of course let it dry for as long as possible (i did a little over 12 hours) and it's been pretty damn great. my case is pushing the edges up a TINY bit, but i have no bubbles or imperfections on the visible part, so i'm happy.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Received the Spigen Curved Crystal Premium today. Everyone sells it for $25... except Amazon. Found it there for $9.00.

Found the install to be pretty easy, even with the challenging edges.

No bubbles or lifting on the edges with my Tech 21 case.

Looks AND feels beautiful.

Posted via the Android Central App

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Will the Zagg HD prevent screen breakage on a drop?
I can't speak to breakage. I have the Zagg HD. It's not glass. So it will not crack or Shield your screen from a crack by taking the first impact. However, knock on wood, I don't usually drop my phone on concrete or pavement. So far I love the screen protector. However when I installed it I did have to trim the top and the bottom with a razor to prevent bubbling and peeling. (my case is a low profile, thin, tpu case by Spigen)

Burton79

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Received the Spigen Curved Crystal Premium today. Everyone sells it for $25... except Amazon. Found it there for $9.00.

Found the install to be pretty easy, even with the challenging edges.

No bubbles or lifting on the edges with my Tech 21 case.

Looks AND feels beautiful.

Posted via the Android Central App

Im glad to hear positive feed back on spigen. I have the slim armour on my phone as a case and was thinking of going with their screen protector.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Zagg HD film, and while its typical Zagg quality, I do NOT like how they changed the installation process. Before you got a small spray bottle to use, now you get this wet wipe that you have to wipe across the sticky side to "activate" the glue. Doing this leaves it open to ALOT of dust particles floating around. I had 2 , and ripped them both off since there was always tiny hairs, or dust, or even improper installation. Yeah they do fit, but they little wiggle room and I had to remove and reapply numerous times before it was on right.