Darker 'translucent' Lines When I Change Brightness On My Galaxy S7 Edge

Fopblack Legionario

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
:'( poseo el mismo problema, mas o menos tengo 2 meses de tenerlo, he intentado de todo para solucionarlo, he visto muchos tutoriales pero nada, aun siguen las linea grises de manera horizontal en mi S7 EDGE, que molesto saber que un teléfono de samsung insignia supuestamente tenga este problema que afecta sustancialmente este equipo.. estoy visionando la migración a otras marcas como iphone..

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
It got worse. I wonder if it has something to do with gaming. The gets very hot when gaming.
Anyway Tmobile replaced mine under warranty.

Last edited:

jcrod73

May 20, 2016
Visit site
If you select Auto for the brightness then turn it all the way up the "lines" go away. If you lower the brightness at all the lines will show. They are not really lines but are more like a venetian blinds effect instead of a full fading effect. When you lower the brightness the screen is broken up in quarters. Each section dims down until they all meet to dim the whole screen, like twisting the venetian blinds closed.

Interesting though that deselecting Auto and turning the brightness all the way up it's not as bright as having Auto selected. I will probably be contacting T-Mobile myself...

Doubtit77

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
i had the same issues here. Bought the gadget on april . And since last three weeks i have these dark lines if i changed my brightness to low. Any solutions guys? Really appreciate the help

I had the exact same problem but once I updated my software manually it seemed to fix this problem.

ShantamB

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I bought my phone 1 month ago and the same problem happened to me today and I can't find a solution.
Keep the brightness at max isn't a solution as it is quickly eating my battery.
My s7 edge black has this problem and before this device I used s4 which had similar problem of screen flickering.
It's been 4 hours with this problem and currently I'm typing on my s7 edge with lowest brightness and lowest brightness has 3 small white lines.
I charged my phone overnight and woke up, played a game and locked the phone and kept it on a table, after 15 mins I unlocked my phone and saw 4 black lines :O (horrified).
Waste of money :(

laRKIS

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
How did Samsung fix yours?

This happend to me after a month.
I went to the store and The guy there told me it is probably different batches etc.
They sent the phone to a repair center and it would take a week for a repair, got a mail 4 days later that they replaced the display AND the back of the phone. I picked it up incredibly fast at the store and on my way out i noticed it wasn't the same phone i did have a small chip in the metal frame so if they only changed the display and the back this can't be the phone i had and which samsung told me it is. The Buttons feel different too.
Anyways it does not bother me, i have functional s7 edge now :)

But isn't it mysterical? Samsung avoiding lawsuit or atleast something fishy

SJQ

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
@doubit77
My software automatically update. But the lines is still ther. Can u share how to upgrade the phone? How you do it?

Really appreciate it doubit77

Posted via the Android Central App

GoAwaySheep

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I had that on one of my S7 edges (Wifes). It'''s a hardware issue. Took it back to carrier (Bell Canada) and sent out for repair and gave loaner phone. It is now fixed after a week. Just waiting for delivery.

RedRyan1138

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I only have my phone about a month and this just happened to me today. Is there anyway it can be fixed without sending phone away to be repaired? It's a pretty huge error to allow something like this to occur. Is there any advice from Samsung on this issue?

topsy1

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Spoke to a Samsung rep this morning. This is apparently a hardware fault with a particular graphics/display component. Early revision devices are probably more susceptible. The only solution is to have the unit repaired.

Sorry, but these annoyances happen in life from time to time I guess.

Recluse82

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Spoke to a Samsung rep this morning. This is apparently a hardware fault with a particular graphics/display component. Early revision devices are probably more susceptible. The only solution is to have the unit repaired.

Sorry, but these annoyances happen in life from time to time I guess.

Guys,

I just took my phone to support centre to cambridge, the display was replaced completely new one, it took about an hour my phone was ready to pick up. Very nice service expereience in UK.

But you cannot do amything with the lines, display problem, should be changed immediately

Recluse82

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I only have my phone about a month and this just happened to me today. Is there anyway it can be fixed without sending phone away to be repaired? It's a pretty huge error to allow something like this to occur. Is there any advice from Samsung on this issue?

no, display change, nothing else

MrsCP1025

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

so I have been desperately trying to look EVERYWHERE on the internet about my problem and I have had zero luck, so hopefully someone on here can lead me in the right direction.

At the more towards end of April I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge, I was really excited about it sense I have been an avid iPhone user and I wasn't happy at all w/ my iPhone 6 Plus. (I digress) Everything was working perfectly... until about 2 weeks ago.

As I was using my Facebook app, my phone froze for only 3 seconds (first time the phone even froze at all on me) and then right after that I saw I had these thick, dark, 'translucent' lines across my phone screen and it only works when I have the phone turned on full brightness and they only show up when I'm trying to change the brightness setting.

Side note: I HATE having my phone on full brightness (O_O like holy shet I'm blind yo).

I thought it was odd so I rebooted the phone, and they were still there, I started to panic a bit as it was a new phone but I was way past the 15 return policy.

So basically my question is: Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you have to do? Where you able to fix it yourself or did you have to take it in to your mobile phone carrier's store? Or did you have to talk to Samsung?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you :)

Go to your brightness setting. Slide the bar to the left as thought you are blacking out your screen. It should slide completely to the right on it's own. It shoukd the reset and the "mini blinds" should disappear. It did for mine.

Last edited:

Sharkbz12345

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Really disappointed with s7 edge. Just bought the phone for 2 days the problem occur. When I adjust the brightness the thickness of this line change as well :-(

raisa23

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I thought I was the only one facing this problem!! I bought my phone on July 28th! It was all good till I found 4 grey stripes with white stripes in the middle with the same proportion yesterday evening while talking to a friend on Skype! (I never dropped my phone from the hand) At first I thought it was just a temporary problem or network problem! But I was shocked when I disconnected the line! it was still there!....I never could expect this thing from a leading brand like Samsung. Come on, this is the most hyped phone from Samsung till now, how could Samsung ignore such a huge problem? I chose Samsung over iPhone just because I saw a lot of good reviews about this phone. White n grey stripes? Seriously? It's really irritating! I feel like throwing it right now! I tried to fix it but it didn't go rather it got worse. At first taking the brightness to the highest level made those lines disappear but now it is still on the screen when um doing so. It's just not going. It's really heartbreaking because I was so much excited about this phone. I can't find any way how to fix it. Even I did 'Reset' my phone and kept my phone turned off for hours to fix this. But it's still there. If this thing doesn't go away, this would be my last purchase from Samsung and I will never ever suggest anybody to buy any Samsung phone. It's a huge waste of money.View attachment 235166View attachment 235166View attachment 235166