Darker 'translucent' Lines When I Change Brightness On My Galaxy S7 Edge

alofsunday26

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same issue also, was this a software problem? did Samsung already release an update to fix this issue? I just bought my phone last Saturday (July 2) and this issue suddenly appear. Hope someone can help or idea to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

jep888

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
may i know the serial number of your unit ans also the model number and color? im a seller of mobile phone I already have this same issue with 2 units of s7 edge both color black..ive read in other forum that the problem is " integrated graphic chip" im also trying to complain with Samsung with regard to this issue..

Saif73

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone , i have the same problem , i was shocked when i see these lines appears , it only disappear when brightnes is full and on auto mode but it uses the battery fastly.
If any one tell a solution highly appreciated

SJQ

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
i had the same issues here. Bought the gadget on april . And since last three weeks i have these dark lines if i changed my brightness to low. Any solutions guys? Really appreciate the help

SJQ

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Nope. Didn't fix mine because i bought my samsung from other country and my original country samsung service center didn't want to fix it . Any solution? Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same issue. Just bought the phone last 9th of June and as I was playing Mortal Kombat on my Phone I noticed four Horizontal Lines, it went back to normal after 5 months the screen blinked rapidly 3 times, then after 5 days the same issue happened. I've gone to the Service Center earlier and they told me that I could've damaged my phone. SMH. I dunno what to do, such a waste of money.

SJQ

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Mine ..already 3 weeks most likely . And didn't know what to do. Anyone tried to contact samsung headquarters in korea? Maybe they havr solution for us?. It is really wasting money...

Jordan Kocon

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I made an account to say I just had this happen to me. Called Telus and they are going to replace my phone free of charge, thankfully I am still under my 30 day warranty. I'd love to know the root cause of those issue though...

smartrambo7

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Same happened to me...just after one month of usage....the 3 lines appeared while adjusting brightness....i tried many things to rectify...none worked...finally took it to samsung retailer...they told me that they can't replace the phone...but will replace the screen kit under warranty...i disagreed and fought for new phone...this continued....but after few more days....unusual happened...lines disappeared....don't know what was wrong in the first case....hope it works fine now...

One thing i have to say to samsung manufacturers....S7 has a flaw....this will be my last samsung phone.....all samsung phones have some or the other pblm...i had s4 ...s3...before...

Anyone plz advice... Sony or iPhone..?which one to choose next...

TheJacksonOne

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

so I have been desperately trying to look EVERYWHERE on the internet about my problem and I have had zero luck, so hopefully someone on here can lead me in the right direction.

At the more towards end of April I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge, I was really excited about it sense I have been an avid iPhone user and I wasn't happy at all w/ my iPhone 6 Plus. (I digress) Everything was working perfectly... until about 2 weeks ago.

As I was using my Facebook app, my phone froze for only 3 seconds (first time the phone even froze at all on me) and then right after that I saw I had these thick, dark, 'translucent' lines across my phone screen and it only works when I have the phone turned on full brightness and they only show up when I'm trying to change the brightness setting.

Side note: I HATE having my phone on full brightness (O_O like holy shet I'm blind yo).

I thought it was odd so I rebooted the phone, and they were still there, I started to panic a bit as it was a new phone but I was way past the 15 return policy.

So basically my question is: Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you have to do? Where you able to fix it yourself or did you have to take it in to your mobile phone carrier's store? Or did you have to talk to Samsung?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you :)

Exact same thing happend to my S7 edge. Very unhappy. I can't find a way to fix it either other than full brightness on auto setting.

Scottyb123r5

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Same thing just happened to me. Phone is 4 weeks old. Just today 3 lines appeared. Only way to stop them showing is full brightness on auto which is ridiculous.

My phone carrier said they would sent it for testing so will see what happens.

Looks like it is happening Alot on the s7 edge.

Not great handing back phone after only 30 days. Very disappointed.

SJQ

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Very dissapointed with the phone. Paid a lot of money for it. And it just glitch..... Haizzz

crostonblue1

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me at the end of May just after I'd bought the phone in another country whilst away with work. On that occasion it rectified itself after I left it turned off overnight.

It's just happened again today, so will try leaving it powered off overnight again. I did contact Samsung this time and after carrying out some tests they asked me to, they asked for the serial number. When The Samsung help desk operator checked, they said - 'It's from Bahrain, contact them via their help desk'.

So much for being a Global company!

I'll contact the Bahrain help desk tomorrow and see what happens.

crostonblue1

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
So, the powering off overnight this time didn't work. After speaking to Samsung AE they passed me to Samsung South Africa who gave me an email address for a service centre in Uganda, deciding I wasn't going to continue my Live Chat journey around the world I lodged a complaint via PayPal to the store I bought the phone from - detailing my Global runaround - and they've agreed to a full refund.
I've ordered a new phone from a local in-country retailer offering a 2 year warranty - cost me more but I know it'll be properly covered in country.

Danny Rodriguez6

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

so I have been desperately trying to look EVERYWHERE on the internet about my problem and I have had zero luck, so hopefully someone on here can lead me in the right direction.

At the more towards end of April I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge, I was really excited about it sense I have been an avid iPhone user and I wasn't happy at all w/ my iPhone 6 Plus. (I digress) Everything was working perfectly... until about 2 weeks ago.

As I was using my Facebook app, my phone froze for only 3 seconds (first time the phone even froze at all on me) and then right after that I saw I had these thick, dark, 'translucent' lines across my phone screen and it only works when I have the phone turned on full brightness and they only show up when I'm trying to change the brightness setting.

Side note: I HATE having my phone on full brightness (O_O like holy shet I'm blind yo).

I thought it was odd so I rebooted the phone, and they were still there, I started to panic a bit as it was a new phone but I was way past the 15 return policy.

So basically my question is: Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you have to do? Where you able to fix it yourself or did you have to take it in to your mobile phone carrier's store? Or did you have to talk to Samsung?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you :)

In this case i found out the screen need replacement i send it to samsung and they replaced it at no cost