Otterbox to the Rescue; DEFENDER Cometh!

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures.

Does Best Buy have the Defender for the edge in stores?
Yes, most of the stores have them in Stock.

I agree about the Defender making the typing a little harder. You have to press a little harder and sometimes hit a key twice, but the protection and grip are well worth it.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I called all around the Tulsa area today and argued that they even existed.

Verizon now shows them on their website, but they havent hit the stores yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I got mine over the weekend, ordered on Amazon. I am really, really impressed with how well the fit is on this. I've had bad experiences with almost every Defender screen protector in the past and have ripped them all out but this one fits really well. There is no gap, pillowing or rainbow. It's a little harder to press keys but the edge screen swipes easily. The case is super protective, I am confident that this thing can take a face plant and be ok and the grip on the case is the best in the business (one of the features that I love about the Defender, their other cases are slippery).

I'd highly recommend this case if you are looking for the ultimate in protection. It's not too bulky since the phone is very small to begin with.

novice97

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree. Great case. Built in screen protector is nice. I do notice I have to press a little harder to type.

Visc

May 23, 2015
Visit site
When you say it is a little harder to type, is it annoying? Can you swipe text easily?

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has pulled the Defender for the S7 Edge. I had one in my cart and there was a vague message about a problem people were reporting - either ability to fulfill orders or customer dissatisfaction. Also, there are only 3 youtube reviews of the case. By now, everyone who does these reviews should have one out since there hasn't been much to review since the case first came out. This concerns me - especially for a 60.00 case.

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am taking mine back to best buy until they update it. I had problems typing with the screen protector on. Especially around the edges.

naturalguy#AC

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I am taking mine back to best buy until they update it. I had problems typing with the screen protector on. Especially around the edges.
I don't think they are going to be able to change that due to the curve. I've gotten used to it. I actually really like this screen protector, it fits so well I don't get a lot of dust in between like on other defender cases

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
There are generic ones that have been out longer now that look just like the Defender only cheaper that you can get on Amazon. I have a generic one similar to an Otterbox Defender for my regular S7 and it actually is a tighter fit and the screen protector is more responsive and not as much air gap or dirt gets under it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
best Buy no longer offers it on their website and Amazon doesn't have it in stock now. Someone posted recently about this as well. I guess there was something defective about them.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
best Buy no longer offers it on their website and Amazon doesn't have it in stock now. Someone posted recently about this as well. I guess there was something defective about them.

That's odd, this is the best fitting screen protector I've ever had on a Defender, it fits so well I don't get dust underneath like past models. Maybe I got lucky, I am really happy with this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez