So I picked an s7 edge over a note 7

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I was planning on upgrading from an iPhone 6s plus to a note 7 but I felt after thinking about it what am I going to gain?

The s pen I would most likely not use
The processor will be the same if not slightly upgraded
the ram will be increased usually is on a note and some software twerks.
I also didn't like the size of my iPhone 6s plus I was always getting angry because It was so big my mum would often have to carry it for me if we went out in her purse because I couldn't fit it in my jean pockets and if I did it gave girls the wrong impression lol

What do you guys think about my decision? Do you feel I made the right one? The s series is the flagship series where the note is more aimed at professionals but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It comes down to 3 things, size, S-spen and price... if two of those three things mean anything to you, then that should sway you to pick one over the other

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you don't think you would use the S-Pen then you're good. I use it a lot so I like the Note. I did have an S7 Edge for awhile though and it definitely isn't a bad device.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Edge is one of the best Android phones I've ever had. I usually have complaints after a month with a phone and I've had zero with this one...

Posted via the Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on upgrading from an iPhone 6s plus to a note 7 but I felt after thinking about it what am I going to gain?

The s pen I would most likely not use
The processor will be the same if not slightly upgraded
the ram will be increased usually is on a note and some software twerks.
I also didn't like the size of my iPhone 6s plus I was always getting angry because It was so big my mum would often have to carry it for me if we went out in her purse because I couldn't fit it in my jean pockets and if I did it gave girls the wrong impression lol

What do you guys think about my decision? Do you feel I made the right one? The s series is the flagship series where the note is more aimed at professionals but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
As big as the Note is, it is still easier to hold than the iPhone 6s Plus. The Note 5 is great in the hand but the S7 Edge is even better.

As was mentioned, it really comes down to that S-Pen. The Note will also have a slightly larger screen and also have more internal storage I believe. The biggest difference is that S-Pen though.

I have been a Note fan since the Note 2 but I'm not sure I'm jumping from the S7E yet. We will see how it plays out. The S7E is a great phone.

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I went with the S7 Edge because of the battery...3600mAh is awesome! I can now go from 4:30am to 10pm and still have 30%-50% left! I think the Note 7 has the 3000 mAh.

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Food choice comming from iphone. Authough im confused because they both have 5.5 inch screens. The edge does loose the bezels so i guess overall the phone is a little smaller?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Food choice comming from iphone. Authough im confused because they both have 5.5 inch screens. The edge does loose the bezels so i guess overall the phone is a little smaller?

Then phone is a LOT smaller. Apples have such huge bezels. The iPhone Plus is if I remember correctly as big as a Note 5 with a 5.7inch screen, if not even bigger. iPhones are bigger than same screen sized Android phones.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've owned 3 notes and after the novelty wore off I didn't use the S-pen.

I've been using the 6S plus/ 6 plus for 2 years and find the 5.5 inch screen size to be the sweet spot.

I have a 3 month old son and being able to use a phone one handed has become important to me. I still need a large display but in a compact package. All of this makes the S7 edge the phone for me.

I wouldn't use the iris scanner. It's too gimmicky for me. I never used face unlock on the previous android phones. Not even once. I'd much rather use the fingerprint scanner.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't use the iris scanner. It's too gimmicky for me. I never used face unlock on the previous android phones. Not even once. I'd much rather use the fingerprint scanner.

A lot of people using the iris scanner on the Surface Pro 4s say they love it. I think iris scanners have the potential to be much quicker than fingerprint readers.

tofu.

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

i see the iris scanner as a backup.

Wearing gloves? iris scanner
Fingers wet? iris scanner

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Edge, I had an S7 which I liked but the more I saw the edge and played with it the more I wanted it. I have it for 2 days and love it so far. I had a Nexus 6P which I did not like as much due to size and texts in my car never worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty