Camera sometimes does not save the last picture taken

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So one thing i love about this phone is the double tap to launch camera option. It's so nice to be like "oh something i want to take a picture of quickly" and boom the camera is up. it's fantastic.

However about 10% of the time i do this. the quick picture that was taken does not save to my camera roll or anywhere on my phone. It will even show in the little box on the camera screen that takes you to your camera roll. It shows it like i took the picture, but it just didn't save anywhere.
After about a minute that little preview picture will go away and i know for sure the picture is just gone.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or know how to fix it?

bbogert79

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine does this alot! I've always been going to ask this and then forget. It gets very frustrating. I hope someone knows a fix or what the issue is?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Where are you pics saving to, if it's to SD card have you tested it with saving to internal memory, to rule out a bad card.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Mine does this, also, all the time and it really annoys me! In fact, it just happened yesterday! I have my camera turned on to save photos to SD card, which may be overkill. I also have One Drive installed, so maybe I should switch over to Save to device ...

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Open the camera and select the gear icon for options. Scroll down and it's under storage location.

Well i'm stupid. I thought i had my memory card in my phone. Guess it's still in my tablet at home.

Guess that's why i don't see "Storage location" on those options.

Carlyr1111

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
So one thing i love about this phone is the double tap to launch camera option. It's so nice to be like "oh something i want to take a picture of quickly" and boom the camera is up. it's fantastic.

However about 10% of the time i do this. the quick picture that was taken does not save to my camera roll or anywhere on my phone. It will even show in the little box on the camera screen that takes you to your camera roll. It shows it like i took the picture, but it just didn't save anywhere.
After about a minute that little preview picture will go away and i know for sure the picture is just gone.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or know how to fix it?

This happens to me too! Only when doing the quick launch by double tapping the main button to launch camera. Quick picture taken, small icon shows it saved, then later it is no where. Mine is saving to internal memory with plenty of space. So frustrating!

Eric Gordon1

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
My Galaxy S8+ does this all the time. I have picture storage set to "device" so it rules out a bad SD card. It is very irritating and I am waiting for an update that fixes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87