Google Photos....what's wrong with it?

gmaister22

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello

I backed up my photos that are stored on my SD Card to Google Photos. Somehow, i ended up having some duplicated pictures on google photos only. When i try to delete one of the dupes on Google Photos, i get this message: "Can't Delete 1 item. Photos doesn't have access to delete items on your SD Card. Go to the Gallery app to continue deleting".

From what i understand, this is trying to delete the original photo that is stored on my SD Card, i don't want this. I want to delete the duplicate one on Google Photos. I clicked the trash icon on the bottom right. What's wrong with Google Photos? I can delete the dupes from online, but not from the app ... this is so frustrating.

Why are those dupes created? Why when i tap to delete them from google photos its trying to delete them from my device?

Any possible solutions? I checked the permissions on Settings -> Applications -> Photos and they are all enabled...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Try accessing Google Photos on a PC. Other than that I can't help. I stopped using Google Photos a while ago because of weird stuff like this. Used Dropbox, and now OneDrive for photos.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue, it was showing a strange file path for one set of photos, I was unsure if it was because I was using google photos and one drive together.

I ended up backing up all the photos to my laptop and deleting all from google photos and my phone and basically starting again, fingers crossed its not happened again.

gmaister22

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine's path looks fine. Looks like I'll just use onedrive, even though I hate it because of huge thumbnail icons on the app, makes it super hard to browse

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38