blue light filter

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Well I think it does. I have a paid version so that feature is available. Can't remember if it's available for the free version. It's called Twilight. Has a red circular icon with a setting sun drawing.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Well I think it does. I have a paid version so that feature is available. Can't remember if it's available for the free version. It's called Twilight. Has a red circular icon with a setting sun drawing.

Ok, you want want that feature to be seamless and free. Do you notice the filter and how does it seem to view screen with it? Thanks.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can adjust the intensity of the filter. Well like any blue screen filter, the screen will have a tinge of yellow to red depending on how intense the filter is set. Then you can set exceptions, like gallery (for color correct pictures), where the app will disable.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Twilight is a good app. The automatic sunset/sunrise settings is a paid feature. The scheduling at fixed on/off times is free (I think). You can even block the notification panel for Twilight so it is completely set and forget like the Note 7 feature.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this, 1 of the features I missed from the note 7. I do like Samsung's implementation of it better because it only applies to white colors, where as this app tints everything including black. Nevertheless it works very well. Does it drain alot of battery?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Does the filter simply come on and off, Or does it gradually come on and gradually come off??

From what I've noticed it just comes on, not like Samsung's implementation, where it's gradual based on time and light situations. But I've only had it for 1 night so I'll see this evening.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Does the filter simply come on and off, Or does it gradually come on and gradually come off??

From what I've noticed it just comes on, not like Samsung's implementation, where it's gradual based on time and light situations. But I've only had it for 1 night so I'll see this evening.
It can do gradual. Tap the 3 dots on the bottom of the screen (you may have to scroll down) and get to 'transition time' to adjust how fast it reaches the full intensity that you set.

GoldenWarr

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Twilight is a good app. The automatic sunset/sunrise settings is a paid feature. The scheduling at fixed on/off times is free (I think). You can even block the notification panel for Twilight so it is completely set and forget like the Note 7 feature.
The sunset/sunrise setting is included for free. The pro version gives you access to more than 2 profiles as well as sunset/sunrise offset and transition time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress