SD Card issues

rs990

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I am having some issues with my micro SD card.

I have a 128gb Sandisk which appears to be official (bought from reputable retailer, not ebay, SD Insight app seems to recognise it as an official card)

Within the last few weeks I have noticed that occasionally when I look at the gallery some (but not all) of the images on the card show up as a broken link. I also find that some apps that store data on the SD card are unable to access the data.

This always resolves itself after a restart, or unmounting and remounting the SD card, until the next time it fails. I have confirmed that the card is clean, and the tray is seated correctly. There had been no issues between April and the last few weeks.

Should I be looking to replace the memory card, or has anyone else been experiencing memory card glitches with the S7?

rs990

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Restarting the phone or remounting the SD card brings the data back, but the SD card was never gone in the first place.

The card was always visible on the phone under storage, and some of the files stored on the SD were still accessible, just some of files would disappear (ie, I would suddenly be missing 1/3 of the photos located on the SD card, but I could access the rest). Sometimes I would lose access to all the files, sometimes just a few of the files

I have noticed when backing up the microsd card to my laptop this evening (using an SD->microsd adapter) that it works perfectly, then after a while suddenly stops transferring data. The only way to continue was to remove the adapter and start again.

I think that I will try switching this SD card out with a smaller known working card, and if I don't see any issues with that I can probably rule out the phone as the cause and make a warranty claim on the card

rs990

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Something I have noticed is that once I placed the new SD card into the phone, I am now getting the SD card notification at every start up, much like I used to get with my previous sim card until recently. I had assumed that a software update had removed the notification, but it might have been a sign all was not well with the card.