When memory card selected to store taken pics and vids, they'll be corrupted and disappeared later

gator89

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
hey guys,

I have recently formatted my brand new Samsung Evo 128Gb class 10 memory card on pc and put into my s7 edge. whenever I am taking pictures and videos saved on my micro sd, the videos when I try to playback them are said to be invalid file, but pictures still can be opened. However, when I restart the phone, all the media files stored on the external storage (videos as well as pictures) are disappeared and cannot be found on the micro sd AT ALL.

There was also one occasion when I was making some pictures while I had my phone unlocked, the pictures on the gallery app was only grey and only some of the videos had preview thumbnail displayed properly, but they were not playing back at all either.

I am pretty sure that this issue is caused by the micro sd, as media files saved on the internal storage are working fine even after restarting the phone.

Have any of you guys faced this problem already? It is a big disappointment towards the samsung evo memory card, and I am not really sure what other micro sd should I buy to get this working properly. damn phony micro sds...

gator89

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
hey chanchan05

just run this app and it reported my microsd card to be invalid... and of course, the seller is not any longer on ebay

cheers mate, I am now going to buy another sd card in a proper store, afterwards use this app to validity it

MeatLoafT

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
One note that may help. Use the phone to format instead of the PC. I don't know if it's a must do thing but it's always better to format it where it will be used.

Fedway

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
One note that may help. Use the phone to format instead of the PC. I don't know if it's a must do thing but it's always better to format it where it will be used.

This is always a follow idea. If the card formats properly on the phone, it will likely work without error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non