S7 edge from note 7

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Here's my story and can't say it will apply exactly to you but it should. Pre-ordered my N7 over the phone with Sprint. Exchanged recalled N7 via Sprint AET. Exchanged my "safe" N7 at a local corporate Sprint store. Mind you the reps here are polite and helpful albeit were pretty busy with customers and others exchanging/returning N7s.

I was on a 24 month installment plan to pay for N7. My options were get a full refund which meant get the 2 installment months I paid for while I had the phone plus taxes I paid initially. The taxes would be sent by check but still needed my ccard I initially used which is weird. In your case they'd give you back what you've paid so far.

I chose to exchange for S7E. What they essentially ended up doing is treating my exchange as a return. Giving my money back. And starting a brand new order with S7E. I actually got those initial 2 N7 installment payments credited back to my Spirit account same day, about $70. Waiting for the check for taxes. Still had to pay taxes for S7E as well.

They may or may not charge you activation but mine was waived. Sorry long winded but hope that made sense for other Sprint users out there :)

I'm on the payment plan too and I was wondering how it would work. I want to return mine and get the refund so that I can go to Best Buy and get the S7 Edge because I want the Pink Gold. This info you posted helps a lot

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I wanted black and could only get silver. What carrier on you on?

Yeah... same here. I went in yesterday to trade in my wife's Note 7... when I called earlier in the day, they had black, silver and gold. By the time I got there, they were out of black and I picked up the silver instead. No bigger... I would have preferred black but my wife couldn't care less.

I wasn't going to immediately get the S7E... but knowing what my wife said about the Note 7; she really liked using it, REALLY liked the battery performance and liked how speedy the camera is, but she really never used the S-Pen.... getting an S7 Edge instead was sort of a no-brainer. And I have a feeling that had I waited a couple of days, I might have had a hard time finding one. And she had already started to complain about the the S7's battery life... or lack thereof more specifically.

So sooner than later. :)

No biggie.... I can use another Jump in March.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I wanted black and could only get silver. What carrier on you on?

I called around to a few TMo stores to ask about a black one. Most just said they didn't have any. The fourth store told me he checked his system earlier in the week b/c getting so many calls about black S7 Edges. He said they can't get them at all anymore. It's not in their system to order. I ended up getting one on Swappa. Hasn't shipped yet. I just couldn't go back to the awful silver (imo) I had for the loaner.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Black would have been awesome.. silver? Meh.. it's fine.

The GOLD one though...

View attachment 242292

That gold is hideous!!! Again, just my opinion. Not knocking those who like it. I just have a personal aversion to phones that don't have all black fronts. It used to not bother me, but now it does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The silver back doesn't really bother me though.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Considering the phone is ~$700, I'm not going to settle for whatever color is available, I'm getting the color I want. VZW was out of stock when I went to exchange my Note 7 for the S7E. As I was waiting at the store for them to order me one in black, a new shipment came in and I was able to get one directly off the truck. Manufacture date 9/27/2016. So yeah, they're still making them. Not sure why T-Mobile is not getting new stock in black (or maybe rep was just unaware).

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Verizon said they were sending me a box to return my note 7... haven't seen it yet...

Not a problem for me, as I kinda wanna see how this plays out over the next week or 2

Can you imagine being the pilot of the cargo plane taking a full load of note 7s back to wherever their sending them.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Can you imagine being the pilot of the cargo plane taking a full load of note 7s back to wherever their sending them.

I doubt they are going back to SK... They will most likely be shipped via chartered courier to holding areas... Once Samsung figures out what the hell is wrong with them, then they'll deal with them then.

No way I am putting them on a plane though... if they would even be allowed to.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That gold is hideous!!! Again, just my opinion. Not knocking those who like it. I just have a personal aversion to phones that don't have all black fronts. It used to not bother me, but now it does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The silver back doesn't really bother me though.

DBrand front skin...done.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Considering the phone is ~$700, I'm not going to settle for whatever color is available, I'm getting the color I want. VZW was out of stock when I went to exchange my Note 7 for the S7E. As I was waiting at the store for them to order me one in black, a new shipment came in and I was able to get one directly off the truck. Manufacture date 9/27/2016. So yeah, they're still making them. Not sure why T-Mobile is not getting new stock in black (or maybe rep was just unaware).

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know Samsung still makes them, it's just that T-Mo doesn't carry them anymore. They have the S7 in black and gold, and the S7 Edge in silver and gold. It was some wonky decision to only carry 2 colors of each device. I'm kinda wondering if they'll bring back the black in the S7 Edge now that all this is happening.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I replaced my Note 7 with an S7 Edge yesterday and I like it. The screen is very nice, slightly narrower than the Note 7, but just a couple of millimeters. It's still really nice. I was really happy with the Note 7 and hated having to return it, but the S7 Edge is really close to it.

I really didn't use the stylus, but I did lose 32 GB of storage from the Note 7. 32 GB is still plenty, especially since I can always add an SD card.

The S7 Edge actually seems to have a lot more setting customizations than the Note 7, unless I just didn't find them on the Note. It's also solved the one nagging problem I had on the Note 7, that text to type was constantly messing up, no matter how well I enunciated. Text to type on the Edge works perfectly.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I understand the frustration that many (former) Note 7 owners feel... My wife enjoyed hers while it lasted. But when it came time to go recallin', I asked her and she said that, while cool, she never really bothered with the S-Pen, but she loved that it would get her through her day easily, unlike the S7 she had previously.

I'm sure the S7E, for her, will be a more than capable replacement. It's not like the S7 Edge is some three year old busted up phone, it was - and still is - one of the best on the market.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
We ordered ours yesterday and I was wondering when it was shipping, because that's what you normally do when you order something online.
Then, I thought, what's the rush? The sooner I get it, the sooner my Note7 will be gone.
So...I am patiently waiting for my S7E to deliver. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall