S7 edge from note 7

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Lucky you. You got a box. T-mobile told me everyone has to return their Note7 to the store. That's what I've been trying to avoid. At least we'll get our phones delivered, so we don't have to waste more time in the store.
I actually prefer that only because you get a receipt of returning the device, so if down the road they say they never got it you can send them a copy and tell them it's not your problem.

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Does Verizon count from the day you make the order online, or is it 14 days from the time you actually receive it?
The LG looks like a great phone. I am considering it as I have 13 days left with the S7E. While the screen scores higher with regards to brightness, it looks like color accuracy is way off.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am on my way to the T-Mobile store now to exchange my Note 5 for the S7 Edge I had the edge for just a couple days before deciding on the Note 5 a week ago go figure LOL

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I just got my S7E today...silver...and I guess it's ok. The only reason I am switching (other than the Note7 catching fire around the world) is because I have to travel by AirPlane this Thursday.

I just saw a rumor online of a Coral Blue S7E possibly being released. If this is true, I hope it's released within my 14 day return period.

And ultimately i'm waiting for the release of the Note 8 news.

Cheers to us Note7 lovers! :-*

Replaced my original N7 with onyx black S7E day before yesterday. So far so good, although I would jump back to N7 in a second if I could. Cheers!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am on my way to the T-Mobile store now to exchange my Note 5 for the S7 Edge I had the edge for just a couple days before deciding on the Note 5 a week ago go figure LOL
I have officially exchanged and am now using my S7 Edge gold

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I didn't like the curve of the screen, the reflection it gave off on the sides made the screen seem, to me anyway, a lot smaller than it actually was.

I think I'm jumping back to my Note 5 because of the edges of the screen, the reflection on the edges does make it seem smaller and I'm constantly turning the phone so I can read the edges. Going backto a flat screen phone feels better.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Back in January Samsung filed for a patent on a s7 (both edge and non-edge s7) case with stylus built in. Maybe with a little pushing Samsung might release the case/pen combo, and put the Note 7 software on the s7. Effectively turning our s7 edges into mini Note 7s.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
what made you decide to switch back again?
I realized I just missed the S7 Edge. Too me, it's pretty similar to the Note 7. The gold looks great with my black Otterbox case. The voice texting is better, it's smoother, faster, better camera shots, just all around better. Also has the water resistance factor and SD slot if needed.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Wook

I keep hearing that but have not figured out how to do that. Thanks.
Under the Always On Display settings, click on layouts and choose the last option.
You only get this one layout to choose from, though.
53a42ca4f052d27e7afda6dc5c6575ca.jpg

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. The problem was that I had not yet installed the update! Done now. Now all I need is third party notification support.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I got the s7 edge today just got in from work and set it up so disappointed with it the screen seems no were near as good as the note 7s to be honest the s6 edge loaner I had seems better than this so don't no if it is faulty but I'm not happy to say the least I thought the screens was ment to be nearly the same but looks no were near as sharp setting is the same
The s7 edge has higher ppi (pixels per inch) because its smaller

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
OK so I am one day in to the S7E after losing (sob) my N7 and I have to say that I like it a lot more that I thought I would. It's actually much bigger than I expected, battery life so far seems pretty great and the software is pretty close to the N7. No S Pen of course which I do miss. And the lack of TP notifications on the AOD makes it kinda useless. One thing I noticed is that the fast charging seems to take a liitle longer than on the N7 but that could be because I was DL'ing apps, updates, etc on the first day.
One weird thing is that I use the Samsung App for my office e mail and I can't delete an e mail from the notification but that might be a setup thing. Workin on that. Overall, for anybody trying to make a decision I'm much happier than I thought I'd be.

velcro_king

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat going from N7 to Edge. The edge seems super small and more sensitive than the note. Without a case on it I could use the N7 fine, but on the edge without a case my huge hands/fingers keep touching the edge and screwing up the touch response.

The edge is a nice phone but it's no N7, and to be honest it's a definite step back. I guess I'll get use to it, but I'm suffering from N7 withdrawals.

devauls

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
According to tracking info my S7Edge is arriving today from Verizon. I got the gold (seems to be the least favorite color on AC). I have the silver N7 and my phone before that was black so thought I'd switch it up a little. Since I'm only planning on keeping it till the S8 comes out it doesn't really matter what color it is.

Still no return box for the N7, guess I'll have to contact Samsung to see when they are sending it. Its going to be sad to give it up.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the S7E fine, I guess, but...

I've already tried to unlock with my eyes twice, and tried to pop out the S Pen three times today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia