Always On Display update

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Tonight I got a Samsung update tonight for AOD. Does this mean we will get email and facebook notification icons on the AOD like the Note 7 does? I have not got an email yet to see.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Nope, after a few days on this update I can confirm it's just some of the Note7 AOD styles, but not the same functionality. Not sure why Samsung did that. Bummer.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps because they plan on rolling out updates in increments, rather than all at once.

The same people upset they didn't get everything all at once, would be the same ones complaining about lag and battery drain.

prasad219

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Nope, after a few days on this update I can confirm it's just some of the Note7 AOD styles, but not the same functionality. Not sure why Samsung did that. Bummer.
They might have tested only a few things and they pushed them through the update. If you do everything at once it's kinds in a hurry and things don't work well.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems that they took away my favorite calendar display with the big clock. Thanks for nothing, Samsung!

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's not exactly going to be a massive change to have it display 3rd party notifications. I'll take it not being in this update that we're not getting it. So much for pushing this phone in place of the Note.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez