Always on Display

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I did an update on Verizon. Now notifications won't show up on aod. Checked all settings and everything is good. Any ideas?

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The new update took it away. Samsung is currently working on an update to bring 3rd party notifications to the S7 Edge AOD. They probably took it out for now in preparation.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys how far is this true.
Back in September even before the 1st recall, Samsung was already working on Grace UX and AOD update for the S7 Edge. Sammobile had an article where they had an S7 Edge in the wild with Nougat and Grace. Samsung was already testing it. Guess it got pushed to back burner with the Note recall. Now they're probably working on it again. Although it seems they might push the updates faster incrementally now instead of one big update.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Missed calls are still showing up on AOD for me. Couldn't tell you about email or text because I use Aquamail and Handcent and obviously, there is no TP app support at this time. Hopefully that gets added soon. That would be very welcome. I've had the S7 Edge since release date and like it quite a bit but I must admit that I'm getting the itch to get a new device. I'm holding out to see what the S8 brings to the table.