12-09-2017 09:07 AM
81 1234
tools
    No need to get the edge version if you don't care about edge functions. If you will miss the IR blaster, that is something the honor 8 does have.
    Honor 8 doesn't work on vzw. V20 does but I prefer Oled. I did find a reason to switch. On black Friday s7e for only $360 on monthly installment plan. For that price I can try it and sell if I don't like it.
    11-22-2016 08:14 PM
    Honor 8 doesn't work on vzw. V20 does but I prefer Oled. I did find a reason to switch. On black Friday s7e for only $360 on monthly installment plan. For that price I can try it and sell if I don't like it.
    What carrier having S7 Edge for $360?
    11-23-2016 05:52 PM
    What carrier having S7 Edge for $360?
    According to the rep I spoke to in chat at VZW it will be available for 24 payments of $15 if purchased from vzw tomorrow or Friday. I have also heard in another thread you must keep the phone for the full 24 months. I don't know anything for sure so I suggest you check vzw website after midnight for details. I'm concerned because I cannot find another rep to confirm what I was told on chat line. Unfortunately they did not email a copy of the chat like most companies do.
    11-23-2016 05:56 PM
    According to the rep I spoke to in chat at VZW it will be available for 24 payments of $15 if purchased from vzw tomorrow or Friday. I have also heard in another thread you must keep the phone for the full 24 months. I don't know anything for sure so I suggest you check vzw website after midnight for details. I'm concerned because I cannot find another rep to confirm what I was told on chat line. Unfortunately they did not email a copy of the chat like most companies do.
    I'll be on the lookout. I believe the credit is spread out across 24 months, so to really get the phone for $360, you will have to keep the line active for 24 months to receive your credit.

You will just need to keep the line active, so a year from now, you can buy a note 8 outright for example and still be able to use it.
    11-23-2016 06:17 PM
    I'll be on the lookout. I believe the credit is spread out across 24 months, so to really get the phone for $360, you will have to keep the line active for 24 months to receive your credit.

You will just need to keep the line active, so a year from now, you can buy a note 8 outright for example and still be able to use it.
    Oh I'm not leaving VZW nor UDP so if I am alive line will be active but if similar deal arises for Note 8 I won't be able to avail myself of it?

Maybe I should just wait then. Shucks.
    11-23-2016 06:18 PM
    Oh I'm not leaving VZW nor UDP so if I am alive line will be active but if similar deal arises for Note 8 I won't be able to avail myself of it?

Maybe I should just wait then. Shucks.
    You can buy out the remainder of the balance I think and get the next deal on another 24 month installment plan. I think!
    11-23-2016 06:25 PM
    The question is do I buy out remainder of 360 or 780 and do I need to pay anything up front?
    11-23-2016 06:26 PM
    Based on your stated preference for newly released devices, waiting until the S8 is released is probably a good choice.
    11-23-2016 06:40 PM
    The question is do I buy out remainder of 360 or 780 and do I need to pay anything up front?
    Your initial balance is $780 not $360. Remember, you will be getting bill credit for 24 months, so if you decide you want to upgrade in a year, you pay what ever the remaining balance is. I'm not 100 percent sure though. I'm going to ask tomorrow if the deal goes live for black Friday
    11-23-2016 06:43 PM
    Good luck getting a straight answer. I know I will only keep the s7e for 6 months max so deal sucks for me. If anybody wanted to keep it for 2 years it is a great deal.

If note 8 were enticing maybe I would keep it until note 8 comes out but that is still probably less than a year
    11-23-2016 06:56 PM
    Sorry but I must have gotten bad info in chat. Actually 20 a month for s7e not 15 as I was told.
    11-24-2016 10:41 AM
    I would think the s7 edge is good for at least 3 more years. The longevity of a phones life is different than it was, much longer.
    11-24-2016 11:06 AM
    Bought one from Bestbuy on Nov. 24th. Got the Carol blue color. Amazing phone and amazing deal. No need to pay top dollar for S8. I'll get S8 next thanksgiving. It pays to wait

S7 Edge is still a very very respectable phone and will be for the next 2 years easily. It is also getting Android N with major Samsung UI overhaul. You can't ask for more
    11-26-2016 08:14 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I went ahead and signed another 2-year contract with Sprint and bought the s7 edge in the Blue Coral color. Posting from it now and loving it. 👌
    11-27-2016 02:26 AM
    Yeah, S7/S7Edge is good for now to buy also value to wait S8, They would absorb the tragedy of Note 7, so S8 should be a worthwhile product.
    I read a lot of your post, you guys change phone frequently? Usually a phone you use for how long? I generally use the phone till it can not work then replace it, so generally 2-3 years I need buy a new phone.
    12-11-2016 10:12 PM
    In my opinion, the Edge series is spectacular. You can't go wrong with them. But, if you really want the 8 and you believe it is worth waiting for, then maybe you should stick it out! Think about it this way: which phone could you see yourself using long-term/until your contract is up?
    12-11-2016 10:58 PM
    No more home button? That would suck
    A capacitive home button would be one big improvement
    recDNA likes this.
    12-12-2016 02:43 AM
    Yeah, S7/S7Edge is good for now to buy also value to wait S8, They would absorb the tragedy of Note 7, so S8 should be a worthwhile product.
    I read a lot of your post, you guys change phone frequently? Usually a phone you use for how long? I generally use the phone till it can not work then replace it, so generally 2-3 years I need buy a new phone.
    I'm the same, usually wait until the end of my contract or until the phone isn't good enough to run my apps or stops getting OS updates.
    I got the honor 8 because of the 2 year update promise and after using it I don't think I'll leave Huawei phones. If I had waited a couple of months, I would have got the mate 9. By the time I get a new phone now though, I expect the phones from this company will be nothing short of spectacular with the rate of improvement that has been seen in the last year alone.
    12-12-2016 03:43 AM
    If you don't need the latest and the greatest, why don't you wait for S8 coming out and get a S7E at the discounted price?

Or, if you want to have the option to get an S8, at least you can wait and see if the battery problem is resolved.
    12-12-2016 08:37 AM
    I had an S7 Edge since release day (in US) and I was planning on waiting until the S8 came out to upgrade but I decided to go with an LG V20 instead. I'm probably going to want the S8 when it comes out but I just really wanted to give the V20 a try and I love it so far. There are a few things I miss about the S7E but I think I made a good choice.
    12-12-2016 01:15 PM
    Yeah, mate 9 is one of the most powerful Android phones, I really like, but I already have a not bad phone, so I do not intend to buy recently. LG V20 is also nice, big screen, narrow bezel, looks beautiful.
    12-14-2016 09:19 PM
    Someone ALWAYS posts one of these threads about this time every year. Look, you know you want the latest and greatest. Get a used phone (maybe even a used S7 Edge) on like Craigslist or from a pawn shop or Gamestop. Then, when the S8 comes out, use your upgrade or payment plan option (I only buy phones outright) and then you're all set. Pretty simple decision. Best of both worlds.
    12-15-2016 02:45 PM
    Instead of creating a new thread.

Should I just consider keeping my S7 Edge rather than upgrading to an S8? It seems like they're constantly coming out with new galaxy phones every year.

I kind of feel I have none reason to get a newer phone.

Only issue I had with my S7 edge is the vertical pink lines which my warranty covered.

Any opinions?
    03-04-2017 06:52 PM

Should I just consider keeping my S7 Edge rather than upgrading to an S8? It seems like they're constantly coming out with new galaxy phones every year.

Only issue I had with my S7 edge is the vertical pink lines which my warranty covered.

Any opinions?
    I'm using an S7 Edge and a Note 5. This year, I'm skipping the S8 and buying the Note 8. The next year after, I'll buy the S9 and skip the Note. This way, I can buy a new phone every year. I just feel it's not worth upgrading a phone each and every year anymore.

Samsung does update their phone models every year.
    03-05-2017 07:32 PM

Any opinions?
    A) if you have a S7 edge and like it, keep it...

B) if you don't have an S7, I would wait and go with the S8.... Unless you are looking to get a great deal and save a buck, I can't see any reason to pick the S7 over what I'm seeing so far with the S8.
    03-05-2017 07:47 PM
81 1234