Recommend me a wireless charger.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Can you recommend me a wireless charger for the S7 Edge? I see different versions on Amazon - a standard one and S7 "Fast" one. What is the difference and which one should I use for the S7 Edge? Also, will wireless charging work if I use the Spingen case on the phone?

Edit: I ordered the S7 Fast charger. I think it will work with my S7 Edge. However, is there danger from ordering from Amazon? If the device doesn't turn out to be legit (if the seller is unreliable), can it damage my phone or its wireless features or it will be safe? Thank you.

Last edited:

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the oem Samsung fast wireless charger and ended up sending it back. I didn't like how hot it made my S7E when charging. Didn't want my Edge morphing into a Note and going ablaze....

I use the Tylt Vu and am very happy with it. Not a fast wireless charger but I place my phone on it at bedtime and pull it off in the morning. Has never made my phone any warmer than plugging it in. If I want a fast charge I'll plug it in with the wired charger.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought this one on Amazon back in September for $20.39. Works great. It's still only $21.99 at the moment.
9b77599f4530e6f0bdf6ec129e641127.jpg

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
The Laniaker NW130-F is not bad. It supports fast charging without the phone getting excessively warm and is about half the price of the Samsung version.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Can you recommend me a wireless charger for the S7 Edge? I see different versions on Amazon - a standard one and S7 "Fast" one. What is the difference and which one should I use for the S7 Edge? Also, will wireless charging work if I use the Spingen case on the phone?

Edit: I ordered the S7 Fast charger. I think it will work with my S7 Edge. However, is there danger from ordering from Amazon? If the device doesn't turn out to be legit (if the seller is unreliable), can it damage my phone or its wireless features or it will be safe? Thank you.

You'll be good and happy with that one. The phone will heat up a little but it will charge fairly fast.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using one made by seneo similar to the one pictured that I got off Amazon for around $20. There appear to be many of these under different names but they look to be the same. Keep in mind that these do not come with the charge plug. You'll need to buy a quick charge 2.0 charger to charge fast wirelessly. I believe the official Samsung fast wireless chargers come with one. I'm using the qc 2.0 charger that came with my S7 edge on the seneo charger just fine.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought three of these 5 months ago for my family's two S7's and Note 5. The phone never gets hot and I have always had a full charge by the time I wake up in the morning.

Fast Wireless Charger,Itian Qi Multi-coil Quick Wireless Charging Stand for Samsung Galaxy S7,S7 Edge,Note5,S6 Edge Plus,S6,S6 Edge(Not Include Quick Adapter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XEP2IU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5550035

Attachments

• 7673.jpg
    7673.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 50

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. So, if I didn't want the phone to get hot, which one should I have bought (from the official Samsung chargers) ? It says that the one I bought (S7 Fast) has a built-in fan to prevent overheating. Should I change it? Or can I adjust it for a normal charge and not a fast one? I will be happy with the phone not charging fast, I just don't want it to get too hot or turn into a Note 7. I am now a bit worried (not sure if I will be able to cancel the one I have ordered).

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I use the Official Samsung Fast Charge Stand which has a fan inbuilt.

I prefer not to use Fast Adaptive charging as this can warm up the battery more and if needed remove any case.

Attachments

• samsung_ep_ng930twugus_fast_charge_wireless_charging_1238116.jpg
    samsung_ep_ng930twugus_fast_charge_wireless_charging_1238116.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 37

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
So I can turn off the fast charging function (with that S7 Fast charger) and charge it normally without the phone getting warm, right?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
So I can turn off the fast charging function (with that S7 Fast charger) and charge it normally without the phone getting warm, right?

Yes in the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge you can toggle on and off Fast Charging.

Settings-Accessories-Fast Wireless Charging.

Settings-Battery-Fast Cable Charging.

If you turn it off in the phone then normal standard charging will happen when you place it on the charging Stand.

The inbuilt fan then stays off for standard charging.

If you turn Fast Charging On in the phone then the chargers fan turns On.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I can't seem to find anywhere the "Disable Wireless Charging" option. When I go to "Battery", there is only "Disable fast cable charging" option, but not the wireless one. Also, I don't have an "Accessories" section in Settings. Any ideas? I guess the option doesn't appear until the first time the wireless charger has been used...

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

But the phone barely gets warm with the Samsung Wireless Stand. I see no reason to worry about heat. There is a built in fan that you can hear turn on the second you place the phone on the stand and it does a good job at keeping the phone and stand cool.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I am now waiting for the S7 Fast charger to arrive. I will mainly use it as a normal charger and disable the fast wireless charging option (to prevent the phone from overheating and preserve battery life in the long run). However, do I have the necessary cables for it or I have to buy extra ones?

I basically have a normal S7 Edge charger that arrived with the phone (white adapter that connects to the wall + a USB cable that connect from it to the phone for charging). Will this be sufficient for the Wireless charger?

Last edited:

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just curious how warm is too warm? My S7 edge gets up to 32C when on my generic wireless charger. Is this a problem?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just curious how warm is too warm? My S7 edge gets up to 32C when on my generic wireless charger. Is this a problem?
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about heat damaging the battery. I have not seen any evidence that heat will damage the battery on any of my phones, and I keep every single phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non