s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Then Google how to check manually for updates on verizon's S7 edge, that should help. The software update won't appear on your phone automatically, you have to actually manually check for it.

I did manually check under system updates but it says no update is available

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry didn't read through all the pages but wondering if the LED notification light dims like the screen when in a dark room or gets brighter when in the sun etc... I liked this about the note 7 cause the s7e led light is bright as hell at night lol thanks

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry didn't read through all the pages but wondering if the LED notification light dims like the screen when in a dark room or gets brighter when in the sun etc... I liked this about the note 7 cause the s7e led light is bright as hell at night lol thanks

I don't think it changes brightness from what I can tell as it's pretty bright (too bright) when changing phone at night

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticed if there is a way to switch on spell checker on nougat so it underlines wrong spellings? It only seems to do it if I use the samsung keyboard

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Ahh hopefully they bring this feature over... It was a small thing but I really liked it about the note.
i put my phone into DND at night and there is an option to disable the LED in DND mode. not quite what you're looking for but solves the bright light when sleeping problem.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
i put my phone into DND at night and there is an option to disable the LED in DND mode. not quite what you're looking for but solves the bright light when sleeping problem.

Yes finally they added that. But it doesn't seem to affect the charging led. Or at least it doesn't on my phone

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes finally they added that. But it doesn't seem to affect the charging led. Or at least it doesn't on my phone

When I noticed about the Charging LED after buying the S7 edge, I went looking for a 3rd party alternative until Samsung realizes that it's a stupid mistake that it seems that they are one of the few that doesn't have a way to turn the LED off while charging, Hello!!! you have a Wireless Charger option, so we can't put it face down at night to avoid having the whole room lighted up. So, just download Macrodroid, it's free for up to 4 Macros, for this you will only need 2, it's very easy to create and will take care of the issue immediately. I even forgot about it until now that I read this thread.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Went to software updates again on my Verizon s7 edge and finally received an update. After a half hour installing it ended up only being the October security patch update. Starting to think I'm not getting the beta.

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Went to software updates again on my Verizon s7 edge and finally received an update. After a half hour installing it ended up only being the October security patch update. Starting to think I'm not getting the beta.

They don't just push it to your phone you had to sign up to be a tester

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Well on the note 7 the LED light would dim down like the screen does if you have auto brightness enabled... So say your in a dark room the screen dims down an if you get a notification an the LED starts blinking it's also dimmed down an so on if your in the sun or a bright room they both get brighter... The edge is just bright all the time so I was hoping with 7.0 they would incorporate this

Delectron

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Anyone having issues with using OK Google voice commands with the beta update?

Yes, there are times when the OK Google command just wont work, however it will work fine once the actual Google app is opened. I also find that I have to set it up from scratch by re-recording my OK Google command 3 times. It'll work for a while and then just suddenly break again.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well on the note 7 the LED light would dim down like the screen does if you have auto brightness enabled... So say your in a dark room the screen dims down an if you get a notification an the LED starts blinking it's also dimmed down an so on if your in the sun or a bright room they both get brighter... The edge is just bright all the time so I was hoping with 7.0 they would incorporate this

I honestly never noticed it did that.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I signed up for the Beta when it was released, but when I was checking for the update on Monday (Tmo Customer) it kept saying No update Available. Something made me check again today and there it was. Just downloaded/installed it. It was laggy at first, but seems to be catching up to itself. Im waiting for it to charge bc the update seemed to suck my battery down a bit. I like how it looks so far. Can't wait to see what other changes are in there. I never played with an N7 so I have no clue what to expect.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Looking at the updater-script in the update.zip for the Android 7.0 beta for Verizon, you won't if you took the current PI3 October Update recently released:

Code:
abort("Package expects build fingerprint of Verizon/hero2qltevzw/hero2qltevzw:6.0.1/MMB29M/G935VVRS4APH1:user/release-keys or Verizon/hero2qltevzw/hero2qltevzw:7.0/NRD90M/G935VVRU4ZPK4:user/release-keys; this device has " + getprop("ro.build.fingerprint") + ".");

The current beta PK4 update.zip is looking for PH1 or PK4 according to what I see, maybe there will be a beta update that will allow flashing/updating to the beta with the PI3 update...who knows?

Last edited: