s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the updater-script in the update.zip for the Android 7.0 beta for Verizon, you won't if you took the current PI3 October Update recently released:

Code:
abort("Package expects build fingerprint of Verizon/hero2qltevzw/hero2qltevzw:6.0.1/MMB29M/G935VVRS4APH1:user/release-keys or Verizon/hero2qltevzw/hero2qltevzw:7.0/NRD90M/G935VVRU4ZPK4:user/release-keys; this device has " + getprop("ro.build.fingerprint") + ".");

The current beta PK4 update.zip is looking for PH1 or PK4 according to what I see, maybe there will be a beta update that will allow flashing/updating to the beta with the PI3 update...who knows?

Does that mean I can't even side load the update from xda anymore?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Does that mean I can't even side load the update from xda anymore?

Unless you ODIN back to PH1, side load won't work either because it'll run that same check on your phone before updating. The update.zip is patching files specific to PH1 firmware, so it could cause who knows what to go wrong on PI3.

I don't know if you can ODIN back to PH1 from PI3, I haven't heard of anyone trying that yet. You would need ODIN and the PH1 .tar.md5 files and try it to see if it'll let you.

Last edited:

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Unless you ODIN back to PH1, side load won't work either because it'll run that same check on your phone before updating. The update.zip is patching files specific to PH1 firmware, so it could cause who knows what to go wrong on PI3.

I don't know if you can ODIN back to PH1 from PI3, I haven't heard of anyone trying that yet. You would need ODIN and the PH1 .tar.md5 files and try it to see if it'll let you.

Thanks. I guess I'll just give up on getting the beta and go back to using my Note 7 lol

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
After using the maximum power saving mode, most of my apps got deleted. Including the Samsung Members app to give beta feedback so I can't post the feedback. Looks like the apps are slowly coming back by themselves, but I'm glad this phone not my daily driver :)

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
2qc1lsn.png

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just curious...anyone been able to get in the beta after receiving the message that the max number of galaxy phones has been met?

I got accepted a few days after it went live after trying over and over again but never got the update. I ended up getting what I thought was going to be the beta but it was just the October security update. I'm on Verizon.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Is anybody else having issues with the always on display? Initially I was very impressed as I had indications on the AOD of the message (whatsapp symbol, email symbol etc) Now though it is back to how it was before in MM which is all I see is the date, clock and battery.

Anybody else seen this? I have not changed anything

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody else having issues with the always on display? Initially I was very impressed as I had indications on the AOD of the message (whatsapp symbol, email symbol etc) Now though it is back to how it was before in MM which is all I see is the date, clock and battery.

Not had this problem in mine. It's working great and reliably showing all notifications. I just notice it moves around more than it used to and is a bit more distracting out the corner of my eye

Chris Rosas

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The always on display seems to be using a lot of battery on nougat like 5 percent an hour. When marshmallow used to use like 2 percent an hour

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
After using the maximum power saving mode, most of my apps got deleted. Including the Samsung Members app to give beta feedback so I can't post the feedback. Looks like the apps are slowly coming back by themselves, but I'm glad this phone not my daily driver :)
I experienced something similar. Apps weren't deleted, but most of my home screen icons were gone. I am using Nova Launcher.

maccauk

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

This happend to me today. Just did a restart and cleared partition cache. Everything back to normal. Hopefully people are reporting these things through the beta app. So they will be fixed for full release.

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Got the update on Sprint, same problem, Samsung Pay says there is an update but when you click on it nothing happens... Grrrrrrrr
I'm having the same issue on t-mobile. Got the update this morning, Samsung pay says there is an update but nothing happens when I try to update.