Questions for those who swapped Note 7 for Edge 7

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Thinking about finally swapping my Note 7 for an Edge 7 or V20. I was thinking I might go with the Edge as it's so similar to the Note.

I really like the screen and build, not a oil and finger print magnet like other cells I've owned. Also a fan of the amoled screen, and like that the Edge also fast charges and is water resistant. I do like the larger screen size of the Note, which is one drawback from the Edge and a reason I've considered V20. I was curious about getting some input from others who went from the Note to the Edge. Few questions,

Did you get used to the smaller screen after using the Note?

Is the screen actually 5.5" or slightly smaller realstate like ive read, than say IPhone Plus display due to the more profound curved Edge screen ?

The Edge screen is a bit more curved than the Note, I noticed looking at an Edge display once a kind of fish bowl effect viewing web pages.

Is this effect something you get used to or does it make certain things awkward ?

Aside from smaller screen, internal memory, no S pen or C-charger, are there any other big differences that I might not realize ?

Thanks for any replies, greatly appreciated. Torn between the similarity of Edge after having a Note that I love, versus V20 as I really like the 5.7 display. I just love the Samsung amoled screens and how resistant the screen seems to oil, dust, stuff like that. Can't decide to settle for smaller screen but very Note like or same size with V20 but a screen and color balance that is a big disappointment.

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I went from a note 7 to the s7 edge and was pretty happy... Only thing that was disappointing right away is that the edge doesn't have the grace ui that the note 7 runs but I got used to the edge touchwiz. The size difference wasn't to much, I could actually use the edge with one hand better than the note

merlinskw

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the Note 7 to the S7edge grace ui is on the way with the update of N 7.0 which will make it even closer... I miss my s pen, but it's a great phone

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Like you, I had and loved Note 7. I still think it was a best smartphone on a market. However, I had to turn it in and I decided to stay with Samsung. I got S7E and now, about a month later, I am totally used to it and don't miss anything, except a Spen which I was not using too often anyway. It's a beautiful phone, has zero problems and the battery life is amazing, better than my Note 7. I still have my Note7 replacement (I returned the original one) and I haven't turned it on in weeks. I hold and hug it from time to time but it is staying on a shelf, turned off. It's my spare WiFi phone for now. I suggest you get S7E, you will get used to it in a short time and you will not be sorry.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I went to the S7 edge and loved it but for me the screen felt much smaller. The curvier edges made the workable flat surface narrower and that was something I wasnt thrilled with. I went back and forth with that the note 5 and now have the V20 and will stick with it until S8 is released. For one the note 5 isn't available through my carrier anymore (tmobile) and I'm not putting down the 300ish$ needed to buy used right now. Plus I have had a couple issues buying used in the past, though not too common there is the risk of getting a bad phone with hidden issues.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely a step back from the Note7. However, looking at all other options, this was the best choice for me. I don't even realize the slightly smaller screen size anymore. The edges you get used to as well. I don't see any issues reading web pages as most auto adjust and don't hit the edge.
I think the camera is not quite as good as well. Maybe, it's because I got an ISOCELL sensor and not a Sony or maybe it's the software. Not sure.
Once the Nougat update hits, it will close most of the gaps from the Note7.

granblanco

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
With the Nougat beta through Samsung or sideloaded per XDA instructions, the S7E feels very much like my old N7 including changes to UI resembling Grace UX, notification shade and AOD. The beta is pretty smooth. Hardly miss the N7 (trying to convince self).

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I miss my Note 7 but I am not disappointed with the 7 Edge. I especially like the battery life that I get with the Edge.