Will the S8 Be Enough to Sway You to Retire the S7 Edge?

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Done with Samsung. Only Google(Pixel) moving forward. With an occasional iPhone here and there. Samsung and other vendors are giving Android a bad name. It's starting to be a mess.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Done with Samsung. Only Google(Pixel) moving forward. With an occasional iPhone here and there. Samsung and other vendors are giving Android a bad name. It's starting to be a mess.
I have to disagree. I had Nexus 6, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6P and Pixel XL. I got S7 Edge couple months back and very happy with and is now my daily driver. Samsung came a long way compared to just less than 2 years back. They are actually getting better not worse. Just my opinion. I'm now waiting on Note 8.

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The LG V20 is a great phone, you ahould give it a try if you haven't already. Perhaps like your mentioned occasional iphone, maybe try out the v20 too. I can see why you feel that way about Samsung with the double recall...that hit us all hard, those that got the Note 7 or attempted to preorder but it recalled before availability.

RedMace

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Will definitely want to upgrade just for speed and reliability. I've used the Pixel. Now on S7 edge. Samsung really needs to pull up their socks when it comes to performance and software optimisation. Pixel is on another level when it comes to usability.

I am on S7 Edge in UK with O2 carrier, love the phone but I am thinking maybe a Pixel next time round. The time delay in updates is far too long! They need to speed things up otherwise it is a sure way to haemorrhage update hungry users like me!

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I am on S7 Edge in UK with O2 carrier, love the phone but I am thinking maybe a Pixel next time round. The time delay in updates is far too long! They need to speed things up otherwise it is a sure way to haemorrhage update hungry users like me!

Hemorrhage? More like a very minor paper cut in the grand scheme of things for smartphone vendors. The number of users waiting with bated breath for every new update is minuscule in the larger market and the percentage of that small number is who would change is probably not that large, either. Most people I know could care less or even don't want updates - "They just screw things up!" A botched release will do them far greater harm in the larger market than any delay will.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've learn to appreciated the Galaxy S line but I'll be going back to the Note as soon as it's released...

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Samsung seems to incorporate most new features of an upcoming OS into their devices before the newest version of Android is even announced. I don't miss nor long for updates. There was a time when updates were sorely needed. Those days thankfully are long gone.

Last edited:

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hemorrhage? More like a very minor paper cut in the grand scheme of things for smartphone vendors. The number of users waiting with bated breath for every new update is minuscule in the larger market and the percentage of that small number is who would change is probably not that large, either. Most people I know could care less or even don't want updates - "They just screw things up!" A botched release will do them far greater harm in the larger market than any delay will.
Yup, majority don't care and don't even want the updates.

I have had Nexus 6, 5x, 6P and Pixel XL. Now on CORAL BLUE S7 Edge. I upgrade every year and sometimes twice a year. Don't even need the OS update on current phone as Ill be getting it with the latest phone to come out. For me, next phone will be Note 8 (if I can resist S8 that is lol)

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Samsung seems to incorporate must new features of an upcoming OS into their devices before the newest version of Android is even announced. I don't miss nor long for updates. There was a time when updates were sorely needed. Those days thankfully are long gone.

I've been waiting for the AOD version that I had on my N7 since Samsung forced me to return it. Drives me crazy. The S7E AOD is almost useless as I have to turn on the screen to see if I actually have any notifications. They should have updated that months ago.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm a recent owner of the s7 edge after using iPhones for a number of years.

When I was choosing initially the Note 7 was available and at that time I hadn't seen any issues. I always perform lots of homework before buying.

The s7 edge caught my eye along with sim free outlay and available funds at that time.

So I'm a little undecided what to do when the s8 Plus / edge launches.

From what I've read the Note 8 typically launches in September.

I usually sit back and watch user reviews, YouTube videos and tinker with working demo models in the stores so by that time has elapsed it wouldn't be that long for the Note 8 launch.

This time I'll have the available funds to be able to have the choice between them. ;)

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm a recent owner of the s7 edge after using iPhones for a number of years.

When I was choosing initially the Note 7 was available and at that time I hadn't seen any issues. I always perform lots of homework before buying.

The s7 edge caught my eye along with sim free outlay and available funds at that time.

So I'm a little undecided what to do when the s8 Plus / edge launches.

From what I've read the Note 8 typically launches in September.

I usually sit back and watch user reviews, YouTube videos and tinker with working demo models in the stores so by that time has elapsed it wouldn't be that long for the Note 8 launch.

This time I'll have the available funds to be able to have the choice between them. ;)

That's the reason I sold my S7 edge waiting for S8 or Nokia 8..if they don't impress me S7 edge 128gb will be mine... As if now super happy with my Axon 7 128gb with 6gb ram..

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hell no. This is still a dang good phone. I'm not on the edge of my seat all the time waiting for a new device to come out. That said, if I were to have issues like I did with the G4, I may switch to another brand at the time.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'd retire my 7 edge easy. Only reason I have it is because of the note 7 recalls. I do like it but the screen for me is too small and with the curve angle it feels just too narrow.

Last edited:

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Note 8 waiter in the future too. Happy with S7E no need to switch to the S8 at all. Really want my S pen back but have learned to live without it and the S7E is a good phone that has met my needs so I am in no hurry to replace it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch