Secure Unlock question

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
S7 Edge, Nougat (but it was the same on MM), Secure Unlock set to unlock the phone for a bluetooth connection.

It works, in that I don't have to enter a PIN or fingerprint, but I still have to swipe to get past the lockscreen. Is there any setting that will just turn the screen on and go to the last app used, without having to swipe first?

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, unfortunately that's the way it works with that feature. It removes the secure lockscreen, but you still have a lockscreen (swipe). With the S7 Edge, however, I think that if you just press the home button while it's paired to a trusted device and the screen is on it should 'skip' the swipe (or, rather, taking the button press for a swipe).

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Yes, keeping your finger on the home button bypasses the swipe (I think by using your fingerprint), but sometimes I turn it on with the power button. Oh, well, I didn't really expect there to be a workaround.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And to the best of my knowledge this is how it works in most other Android phones, so it's not just a Samsung nuisance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member