Is there a facility to magnify when looking at a restaurant menu like the IPhone?

A

AC Question

Saw a video where the iPhone settings can turn the phone I to a little magnifying glass to view a restaurant menu. Wondered if available on the S7 Edge?

Steph6n

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I can relate and you're welcome! :)

It's curiously not a widget, despite it being in the widget section; it acts like a shortcut and can be dragged and dropped into a folder on the home screen, unlike actual widgets. I was trying to create a customized icon for it and wondered why I could not locate it in the app screen, then realized it was from the widget section, even though it was an icon in a folder.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A true app shortcut simply opens the app. It's a widget if it opens to a specific feature. Since the Magnifier is part of the Accessibility Suite (and not its own standalone app), that's why the thing you place on the homescreen (that seems like an app shortcut) is technically a widget.

I still think you can just as easily open the Camera app (I use the double-press of the Power button to open it) and zoom in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa