Hello!
    My s7 edge had a pink line screen defect (pretty common).
    I went to samsug and was given a 2 week waiting period for a new phone.
    I had to wait from September 2016 to February 2017.
    Don't even know what to think.
    My favourite phone ive had but come on. Samsung really???????
    Anyone else had a similar experience?
    03-23-2017 05:13 AM
    Moved from the S7 edge Cases forum to the main S7 edge forum.
    03-24-2017 02:36 AM
    Trying to get mine repaired for 6 months now but Samsung refuse to help.
    They want me to send it off to them to be repaired 10 working days
    I have explained to them that i cant be without my phone for no more than a day because of a medical condition.
    Yet they still refuse to help
    03-24-2017 05:25 AM
    This is the very reason I recommend everyone I know (and have no preference themselves) to buy iPhones.
    03-24-2017 07:03 AM
    I have explained to them that i cant be without my phone for no more than a day because of a medical condition.
    If you don't send it in how can they repair it?
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    03-24-2017 07:21 AM
    This is a good reason to have a backup phone. There are quite a few unlocked phones that are reasonably priced and perfectly capable of tiding you over while your main phone is in the shop. Do you have any old phones lying around, after previous upgrades?
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-24-2017 10:15 AM
    My s7 edge developed the pink line.

I'm in the Uk.

My local Carphone Warehouse Highstreet Store is Samsung Authorised to carry out work on these.

Handed the phone in Friday.

Got text to pick up the following Monday.

They did have the screens in-stock.
    03-24-2017 02:07 PM
    If you can't be without a phone for a day because of medical conditions, you should already have a back up phone, if not a few back up phones.
    Wizzy and gvndeb60 like this.
    03-24-2017 02:50 PM
    If you can't be without a phone for a day because of medical conditions, you should already have a back up phone, if not a few back up phones.
    I get what you're saying and I agree , but you also have to take into consideration that not everybody is able to have extra phones. The op may be a person who doesn't switch phones often and when they do the old phone may be unusable to keep as a backup.
    03-24-2017 05:55 PM
    Even if you contact your carrier, and explain the situation, they could send a disposable phone, free of charge.

My S6 Active kept dying and I got tired of sending it in for repair. Att sent me an LG phone while I went through the refund process with Samsung.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    03-24-2017 06:01 PM
    I get what you're saying and I agree , but you also have to take into consideration that not everybody is able to have extra phones. The op may be a person who doesn't switch phones often and when they do the old phone may be unusable to keep as a backup.
    That's true, I was just referring to if you need something for medical it's a good idea to have a back up. I discourage phone trade ins to people that don't have a back up phone, everyone should have a back up for situations beyond your control, it's not the carriers or phone companies responsibility to provide a loaner phone.

The people that went thru the note 7 recall, specially the ones that traded in their only phone probably have my opinion on having a back up phone, always. I am extreme, I have a note 4, 2 note 5, 2 LG G3, S5, 3 note 3,and a turbo for back ups, but I also manage 9 lines.
    03-24-2017 09:39 PM
    That's true, I was just referring to if you need something for medical it's a good idea to have a back up. I discourage phone trade ins to people that don't have a back up phone, everyone should have a back up for situations beyond your control, it's not the carriers or phone companies responsibility to provide a loaner phone.

The people that went thru the note 7 recall, specially the ones that traded in their only phone probably have my opinion on having a back up phone, always. I am extreme, I have a note 4, 2 note 5, 2 LG G3, S5, 3 note 3,and a turbo for back ups, but I also manage 9 lines.
    I went through that note 7 recall both times and I totally get where you're coming from.
    03-24-2017 10:07 PM
    That is a long time to wait, OP! I am sorry this happened to you! Any updates on your situation thus far?
    03-24-2017 10:52 PM
    If you don't send it in how can they repair it?
    They could send out a replacement phone and i return this one is the easy answer
    03-26-2017 02:46 AM
    Yes clearly i have money to waste and I've only been diagnosed with this illness
    03-26-2017 02:47 AM
    Yes clearly i have money to waste and I've only been diagnosed with this illness
    It's not money wasted if you need a phone for medical reasons, in fact having a back up phone is smart. Nobody said have a $1,000 back up phone, it doesn't need to be top of the line, just something to get you by untill yours gets fixed. There is $100-150 smart phones available all over the place.
    03-26-2017 06:11 AM
    They could send out a replacement phone and i return this one is the easy answer
    Even if they would do that, they would want a credit card on file and would pre authorize up to $1,000 on it to make sure they get phone back.
    03-26-2017 06:31 AM