Glass screen protector compatible with cases

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I purchased a GPEL glass screen protector for a S7 edge to be used with a Supcase Beetle Unicorn Hybird or a Incipio cases. The GPEL glass screen protector is not compatible with either case.

What case would work well with the GPEL screen protector or a glass screen protector for the Supcase or Incipio case?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most will have the same problem. An Otterbox Defender might work, and if Best Buy has any in stock, they'd probably try putting it on the phone for you. (If the problem is that the cases are tending to lift the protector off, warn them about that first.)

The other solutions are, just use a Defender case, or find a protector that claims to be compatible with the case you choose (read the reviews). I can tell you from experience, though, that a Defender case does some really tough protection to a phone. Drop it face down on a flat surface with a pointy silicon carbide pebble just high enough to pierce the screen and the screen is gone (but it would be with a tempered glass protector also), but drop the phone screen-down on a sidewalk and neither the case nor the phone will really notice. (I've had mine slammed into a wall screen-first [don't ask] - no damage to the wall, the case or the phone.)