S7 - OS update of september 2020 - no more raw pictures - no more dual camera

benoit2020

Nov 24, 2020
Visit site
Hello ! I have just updated my old Galaxy S7 (which still works perfectly) whis the new release of september or october (I'm not sure).

The result is when I use the camera :
- no more possibilituy of registering a raw picture, it has disappeared
- the dual camera mode does not exist anymore

I have call Samsung support (in France) : they told me that they can't help it ! It's no longer in the soft. They don't know if there will be a new release. They just feel sorry about it.

The also told me it's not possible to get back to a former version of the soft.

I feel really upset : I had bought this telephone because it could take pictures in raw mode.

It sounds like programmed obsolescence..

How can I get rid of this problem ?

Can someone help me ?

Best regards,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a lot of other camera apps - start trying them. (Raw has been in quite a few of them for a long time.)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Which OS update did you get? My S7 hasn't had anything but security updates for over 2 years and can still shoot RAW, to my knowledge it never had dual camera.

It may be a difference due to region as I'm in the United States.

benoit2020

Nov 24, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

thank you for the response. What program would you recommend for taking raw photos?

I tested Lighroom, it seems to me to be quite heavy, quite a consumer of resources and with poor functionalities ...

Anyway, this looks like planned obsolescence to me.

Regards

benoit2020

Nov 24, 2020
Visit site
[Answer to L0n3N1nja]

Lucky you !
It's the French program for Samsung S7. They call it a "global update" without any explanation about what's inside. If you don't update they keep asking you to do it, and one day, you discover that some important built-in features have just disappeared...

For me it sounds like planned obsolescence, which is not legal, but what can I do ? Sue Samsung ???

benoit2020

Nov 24, 2020
Visit site
[Answer to L0n3N1nja]

There is a special fonction that you can download through the option menu of the camera. It's called "dual camera" and takes at the same time 2 pictures, with the front and the rear camera

lop01

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I have just updated my S7 with the september security update, and in the camera I still have the possibility to get photo in raw and in jpeg. I am in France.
caafe0d6c6383a99155aed55330ebf33.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38